Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Hope y'all good

I got myself a duc 999 in the middle of the African jungle and unfortunately had a small mishap over the weekend

Need advise from the pros..

I dropped the bike on the right side and have messed up my clutch as the bike slid on that side on tar (yes got tar roads in Zambia )

Now I removed the pressure plate and saw that the hub is damaged. Now need advise and found some on eBay called ngr .

Is it any good?

Secondly, found that tool on eBay for usd 30. It's the one that is all round and with bolts to hold the clutch (I assume)

Is that any good?

I have to do all the work myself .... As no Ducati dealer within 2,000 Kms radius

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
NGR is a great brand. The tool is very useful and I would recommend having one to work on the clutch. It is very simple and straight forward working on these clutches. Just put the washers and everything back on the way they came off ;) You could also check with motowheels.com or gothamcycles.com to see if either will ship internationally. They almost always have the parts you will need and great support if you have questions. There are other sites as well, those are just a couple I have used. Good luck with the repair!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ummm newbie question

What exactly is the use of the clutch tool?

My hub is damaged and from what I read is I need the tool but then I am confused cuz I see that even with the tool all the plates are to be removed??

I thought the tool can allow me to just slide the hub out and fit new one without removing any of the plates??

Help please .. I gotta do all me self as leaving in the jungle

·
Registered
430 Posts
The plates are easy to remove and re-install, so don't worry about those. The clutch holding tool will let you unbolt the hub because it holds it in place. If you did not have the tool, then you wouldn't be able to remove the hub because it would spin every time you tried to unbolt it. In my opinion, the tool is very necessary.

·
i'll be here till my 85!
1,102 Posts
999 in the jungle?

now we def need some pics to judge the ilmment! :))

grtz

Koen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts