Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
If you go ahead.......

....they’re on pretty tight. Use a puller like I do otherwise you will damage the cap and sleeve. I also put small witness marks on each one so I can line them up better when assembling.

·
Registered
2004 998S FE, 2017 KTM450EXC
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If you go ahead....... View attachment 983663
....they’re on pretty tight. Use a puller like I do otherwise you will damage the cap and sleeve. I also put small witness marks on each one so I can line them up better when assembling.
Thanks for the advice & picture, xracer. It will be very handy info if I got ahead and convert. Cheers Mick

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've recently purchased a 998S FE Monoposto (deep sump, from Japan and I live in New Zealand) and I was wondering if the apparent 25mm restrictor in the standard Termignoni mufflers can be removed to convert Nox Vidmate VLC to a full 50mm (the size of the end caps)? If so, what's involved and does the ECU need to be updated/reprogrammed?

I've attached some photos showing the end cap/restrictor and part number.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks Mick
View attachment 983299 View attachment 983300
Remember to check intake air tubes to see if restrictor blocks are in them...if so remove. Been there...done that

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Any updates mhq26? was wondering the other day what was going on with your FE.. ( Yes! i do have too much freakin' time on my hands..)

·
Registered
2004 998S FE, 2017 KTM450EXC
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Any updates mhq26? was wondering the other day what was going on with your FE.. ( Yes! i do have too much freakin' time on my hands..)
Haha, I know what you mean about having too much time on your hands - plenty of online motorbike related searches daily! I've actually decided I'm going to save for a pair of 50mm carbon Termi's - I think it might be best to keep the stock mufflers as-is, considering the age and rarity of my bike. Hopefully, I'll get the new mufflers for (our) next summer.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts