Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyboby.

You all know that sbk coolers can sometime be weak.
I have gone accross two oil coolers (manufactured by KTM!) on my 998 in 17000 km.
Mine is in good shape at the moment but you know what? "If you want peace, be prepared for war"....that works also with Ducati lol.
998 oil cooler being very difficult to find, have you ever done (or seen) an alternate part fited on this bike?
749/999 oil cooler?
748R oil cooler?
S4RS oil cooler?
Other brand cooler?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hi El Glad,

I see you're still looking for an oil cooler :)

The shape of the 999 oil cooler is very different from the shape of the 998 oil cooler so I don't think they'll fit very well.

If I were you I'd look into Monster parts, particularly the S4RS. With a bit of work you might even make a 996 oil cooler fit...

But why not contact KTM and order a replacement oil cooler from them?
Hi everyboby.

I have gone accross two oil coolers (manufactured by KTM!) on my 998 in 17000 km.
Mine is in good shape at the moment but you know what? "If you want peace, be prepared for war"....that works also with Ducati lol.
998 oil cooler being very difficult to find, have you ever done (or seen) an alternate part fited on this bike?
749/999 oil cooler?
748R oil cooler?
S4RS oil cooler?
Other brand cooler?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Molasses ;)

Indeed, i'm at least looking for a quick way to catch this part if one day the issue occurs again.
The "Direct from KTM" way could be a good one.

The S4RS oil cooler seems to be relatively narrow, that would help it to fit in the 998 fairing.
Would you have size of this part?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm afraid I don't know its exact measurements but I suspect you'll have to remove the oil radiator cowling in order to fit an S4RS oil cooler to the 998.

If I were you I'd contact KTM and ask them if the 998 oil cooler is still available. It's probably going to cost you a small fraction compared to sourcing it through proper Ducati channels (if that were still possible) :D
Hi Molasses ;)

Indeed, i'm at least looking for a quick way to catch this part if one day the issue occurs again.
The "Direct from KTM" way could be a good one.

The S4RS oil cooler seems to be relatively narrow, that would help it to fit in the 998 fairing.
Would you have size of this part?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's consider this pic, from Speedzilla forum:

That's a 916, 999S powered.

The oil cooler is the OEM from the 999 engine.
That would allow to think that the 999 oil cooler could be a direct remplacement part for the 998. The only thing to do would be a custom V fairing part.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I just threw this same FYI out to the guys a few weeks ago.....I bought a new oil cooler for my 999 and it had "KTM" on the top. My last one was a little beat up, so I took a chance on a new one up for bid on EBay and got it. I have to say the new one is built much better than my orignal. Nice threaded inserts for the front cowling, weld quality is better, the matrix seemed to be different but my old one was beat up. Great place for an oil cooler Ducati!:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi everyboby.

749/999 oil cooler?
748R oil cooler?
S4RS oil cooler?
Other brand cooler?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oil-...yclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQQsalenotsupported

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks for this thread, I'm looking for a cooler for my 748

1 - 10 of 10 Posts