Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
In my quest for some new fairings, I managed to get my hands on a full set of Hodgson edition fairing in fantastic condition even with a signed fuel tank. The plan is to repaint it and use it on my Senna.

The Hodgson as I understand was a special colour scheme commissioned and sold 50 units by Ducati UK only.

Since these fairings are original, all were marked by what seems to be serial number etched (pics attached but a bit hard to see)

I am wondering if I am destroying a piece of valuable history here or I should just go ahead and repaint them.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
You would be absolutely off your rocker to paint those. It’s not hard to find regular fairings to repaint. To repaint a nice set of original Neil Hodgeson fairings would be a sin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would be absolutely off your rocker to paint those. It’s not hard to find regular fairings to repaint. To repaint a nice set of original Neil Hodgeson fairings would be a sin.
Oh wow, that bad eh? 😬

The thing is, people are asking ridiculous amounts these days for OEM and un damaged fairings. What do you think the value of these would be over similar condition full set? Do people actually pay more for this?

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I have no idea what they're worth. But I do know that there are a million regular fairings and very few of these.

I have a bunch of spare 996 fairings in my basement, some are SPS, and it's not super difficult to find regular ones. It just takes some time and patience. If you're going to paint them anyway, you can be a little bit flexible, I suspect.

By the way, this should probably be in the superbike section.

Reactions: Mossawi

·
Registered
‘05 749R, ‘89 851/926, 749R/999RS project
746 Posts
Amen, brother! One of, if not THE best colour schemes out there...and genuine Ducati rather than aftermarket? Makes me want to by a 996 just to put ‘em on it, lol.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
One of my best friends his brother in law owned that race team when Neil was racing in the BSB series---too me not the greatest color on a bike but If I had those fairing there is no chance in hell that I would repaint them

Reactions: draganc and Mossawi

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

I will give it some time to research and see if it makes financial sense given how difficult it is for me to source parts here in Dubai and how much it would cost to ship these out to a potential buyer and get replacement.

I have to agree with @rennsportmotorrad the colours are not the most inspirational for a street bike. I'll probably sit on them for a few weeks and see what happens.

@Sherpa23F is there a way to change the forum category for this thread or are we stuck here?

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Original signed race body work especially from a well know racer is something to wrap up & keep safe --Not to ever use and take a chance of damaging it. --If I had the bodywork from Mike Hailwoods 1978 Ducati signed --would I put that on a bike I was going to ride -----FUCK NO. The value is in what it is--think this way--there is not another set of those exactly like that in the world

Reactions: Monster4Lee

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
this is what it looked like when he raced BsB---thats not his bike but the same color scheme

Reactions: Mossawi

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
That bodywork you have is when GsE went racing World SuperBike If I remember somewhere between 2002 & 2003

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Original signed race body work especially from a well know racer is something to wrap up & keep safe --Not to ever use and take a chance of damaging it. --If I had the bodywork from Mike Hailwoods 1978 Ducati signed --would I put that on a bike I was going to ride -----FUCK NO. The value is in what it is--think this way--there is not another set of those exactly like that in the world
Absolutely if it was the race fairing.

But this is just Ducati UK special colours for a few street 996s they sold. Actually the original fairing is yellow with the colours and graphics laid over.

The value I think is basically the signature.

·
Registered
2003 998, 2008 HyperMotard 1100S
732 Posts
I don't like the look of them at all, but it would be a shame to paint them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.