Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
As you can see...it looks like they just took the plastics off a superbike. There is too much confusion when looking at this compared to how the SF looks. SF was meant to be naked...that's just my opinion anyways...

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Where are the TTX forks? Aint no GP without pressurized forks. :D

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
We need to just stop already with the Bezzi sketches.

He draws some really cool shit, stuff that makes you drool, stuff you would put money on in a heartbeat...

But none of it ever comes close to production!

If Ducati ever hires him as a designer, then I'll get excited. But until that time, what's the point of looking at his concepts. It just sets you up for disappointment...

·
Bon Vivant
11,362 Posts
Who is this Bezzi guy anyway? - an unemployed artist who dreams of being a bike designer?

Too bad he doesn't have an original design of his own, the only bikes I see from him are taken from existing bikes and morphed together... Can't be a designer doing that :rolleyes:

He's obviously a talented artist but what respectable designer gratuitously spreads his work all over the web?

·
Registered
34 Posts
designers/illustrators

Simply a designer that it does not have fear that its ideas finish! ! !
that's the difference between professional industrial designer, for whom the final product is a priority (therefore they must consider timing, feasability, cost, packages etc..etc) and illustrators who's finality is the illustration itself.

Oberdan is a good illustrator. I wonder if his designs ever went through production processes...I am curious to see if his illustration passed the test of 3 dimensional development and if his concepts were ever validated by an industrial process. From what has been published there are only 2 dimensional pictures, easily understood by common mortals but probably useless for companies. ( as I said designers must be involved in all phases of the development. Like architects, they must be responsible for the whole style of the bike. This goes beyond simple side view sketches)

In any case, he is used by many blogs (and his own), forum, web magazines to elaborate visualy on information leaks, or even to render his view of the future.
I am a industrial product designer, and I envy oberdan freedom of creativity. But I am sure he'd like to be seing his ideas taken to production. This only happens within production teams, involving the designers from begining to end.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think so long as everyone takes these drawings as something fun that toys with the idea of "what if?" then its fine. You can't take this stuff so seriously...

Now, if we want to talk about rumors, I heard something about a new supersport on the lower end of the spectrum from Ducati after their adventure touring bike.... :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oberdan is a designer,illustrator,modeller in the international motorcycle field from above twenty years.
Also he is member of the MOTORCYCLE DESIGN ASSOCIATION

1 - 12 of 12 Posts