Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Well after being a member on a few UK ducati forums i thought id spread my wings and join this one.

So this is my first post to introduce my ducati bike.Purchased my 916SPS 4 years ago after 6 years on a 996BP.Wow what a difference in performance from the SPS engine and found the chassis is much better too.

However im fussy and not 100% happy with what i got i set about getting the bike just right imho.So with the help of the experts at JHP in coventry,United Kingdom the project began.

List of performance parts fitted to date

Akrapovic Ducati 996 60mm titanium evolution full system
Power Commander
JHP eprom full 60mm system
JHP dyno set up - 138HP on paper
STM evo slipper clutch with bronze sinterd racing plates
Ohlins R&T ducati 996 forks
Ducati performance magnesium yoke set
Dymag full carbon 5 spoke wheels
Brembo billet radial clutch master cylinder
Brembo billet radial brake master cylinder - not cast one
Ducati Brembo 998 disks + 998 Calipers
Ms Production carbon fuel tank
Ducati performance 998 evoluzione carbon single seat unit - very rare
Casoli moto carbon nose fairing
Casoli moto carbon 998 style ventless side fairings + casoli carbon oil catchpan
Carbon Dream airbox - now replaced with EVR large capacity carbon airbox
Carbon Dream airtubes
JHP tectronics quickshifter
Ohlins 996/998 ducati RS corse race rear shock
Dymag full carbon corse spec swingarm plus dymag carbon chain guard
Corse ride height adjuster
Ducati performance rearsets + heel plates
JHP air filter
Renthal sprocket kit 38T
Gold race chain

Soon to add-

Moto corse radial fork bottoms
Brembo HPK radial brakes
Aim or Tectronics digital dashboard
Carbon headlight surround
Corsa rearsets
Corse brake disks
Ducati performance clutch slave cylinder
Engine tune with Bucci high compresion pistons and cylinders large valves and mbp collets etc etc

Here's some pics

Picture 1 - 916SPS as i got it 4 years ago with a few extras already fitted

Picture 2 & 3 - 916SPS as i wanted it ,much lighter,faster steering,more powerful,better tractability from rear and stops pretty quick too.;)

Hope you guys like it as much as i do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Nice Matt, I thought I was the only one to go crazy with a 916sps. Sounds like we have a few things in common. Here are some photos of my 916sps in various stages of "development". I ended up painting my Dymag c/f swingarm a few years ago to protect it from UV rays.

Attachments

·
Flying Brit
1,824 Posts
Both bikes are beautiful! I don't know what it is with SPS owners but I did the same to my 98 916SPS and added brand new Ohlins forks, Mag Swingarm, Marvic Mag wheels, corse shock, Ti bolts everywhere, Corse rearsets and more. I just picked up a 2000 SPS with almost the same extras as my 98 but also has Monoblock calipers, blueprinted motor with 138rwhp and 748RS gauges and harness. Going to add 996RS Vance & Hines bodywork and carbon gastank...and thats only the start! :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the compliments bmitch996 & Ducatierv

Your bike bmitch996 looks fantastic.Is that a mb motorsports rad i spot there.Very nice and very rare kit you got there.I have the copy of that rad manufactured by JHP and planned to use it if i go ahead with engine tuning.Might need some new crankcases though as mileage is up to 28,000 as i ride it most days.

Ducatierv please post some pics or a link to your bike thread.That sound like one hell of a SPS:) and love to see them monoblocks.Cant believe he gave them away with the bike as they used to cost somethin like £1500 each caliper.

I ended up painting my Dymag c/f swingarm a few years ago to protect it from UV rays
I will seriously consider getting this done and had never gave it a thought before.Yours looks very nice painted.I will go either silver or try for the faded mag colour from marchesini.

Look forward to drooling over projects on this site and might be buying a 998R next and then it all starts again.

Nice one folks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow! Awesome bikes guys. It's great to see people with the means and desire to modify them so extensively. Keep the pics coming!

·
Flying Brit
1,824 Posts
Matt

Here are some pics of the 98 916SPS after I did some work to her. I'll take some pics of the 2000 SPS and post them later.

BTW I noticed you are in Wolverhampton, I visted many times as I am originally from Peterborough now living near Atlanta GA.

·
Super Moderator
8,225 Posts
Looks VERY nice.. All bikes in the thread do.

This is mine. 916 SPS with some small mods
Fairly stock engine, retimed cams and mapped by Hypertrick, 50mm Termignoni system
Marchesini Magnesium wheels
JTR Carbon/Kevlar fairings (CORSE style)
ISR iron brakes with linear Nissin Radial pump
Some other small odds and ends.

No recent pics I´m afraid.. I´ve changed the windscreen to a DP Raised smoked..

//amullo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Matt! Glad to see you here after we discussed the site recently;)
Some nice kit on display, Erv, that looked stunning with the gold wheels

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nice Matt, I thought I was the only one to go crazy with a 916sps. Sounds like we have a few things in common. Here are some photos of my 916sps in various stages of "development". I ended up painting my Dymag c/f swingarm a few years ago to protect it from UV rays.
Great bikes, need to do sooo much more on my own bike to come even close to these masterpieces!!!!

One question though, what is the brand of your front rotors? I have those on my Suzuki track bike but did not manage what they are and where they come from.

·
9,757 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
I love how your bike looks so clean and uncluttered without looking plain. Very nice!
+1 my thoughts exactly. I think the fact not having the fairing seam running down the middle really helps the look overall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Matt

Here are some pics of the 98 916SPS after I did some work to her. I'll take some pics of the 2000 SPS and post them later.

BTW I noticed you are in Wolverhampton, I visted many times as I am originally from Peterborough now living near Atlanta GA.

Hey Ervin, When are we doing our SPS reunion? Just finished more work on mine - 133 RWHP !! It was very easy to get, but SECRET ! Allan

·
Flying Brit
1,824 Posts
Hey Ervin, When are we doing our SPS reunion? Just finished more work on mine - 133 RWHP !! It was very easy to get, but SECRET ! Allan
Hi Allan...Good to see you on here! You need to put pics on here of your Mint 996SPS. BTW I picked up another 2000 996SPS named Roxanne that was originally raced by Gotham Racing and has been rebuilt. Its around 136+ rwhp.

Let me know if you want to ride this Sunday, I'll have the 98 SPS ready to go! :D BTW I just fitted a 48T Slipper to her.

·
Registered
536 Posts
sps questions

hey guys
theres a '98 916sps ive found for sale, its got 1800 miles, excellent condition and the seller wants $17k for it . can anyone comment on whether this is a reasonable price ?
also could someone educate me on the differences beteween an sps and a run of the mill desmoquattro ? is maintenance pretty much the same ?

thanks !

1 - 20 of 62 Posts