Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

My starter clutch has been slowly getting worse and worse, so I took it apart and have wear on both the gear and the flange. I have managed to get hold of the gear but the flange is proving difficult (I missed out on one on eBay by about 3 hours!)

I ordered one from a Ducati dealer but have just been informed that the part is on backorder with no ETA. The only other option is a part on eBay from Ideal Engine Supplies:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ducati...rentrq:762fbbad1640aade68c00041ffff8467|iid:1

Normally, I shy away from pattern parts but I don't really have any other options other than waiting probably a month or two for the OEM part or going 2nd hand (which I don't want to do)

Has anyone bought one of these from Ideal Engine Supplies before? Have they had any issues?

Thanks
Luke

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey all

My starter clutch has been slowly getting worse and worse, so I took it apart and have wear on both the gear and the flange. I have managed to get hold of the gear but the flange is proving difficult (I missed out on one on eBay by about 3 hours!)

I ordered one from a Ducati dealer but have just been informed that the part is on backorder with no ETA. The only other option is a part on eBay from Ideal Engine Supplies:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ducati...rentrq:762fbbad1640aade68c00041ffff8467|iid:1

Normally, I shy away from pattern parts but I don't really have any other options other than waiting probably a month or two for the OEM part or going 2nd hand (which I don't want to do)

Has anyone bought one of these from Ideal Engine Supplies before? Have they had any issues?

Thanks
Luke
I guess that means I'm the guinea pig! Have now ordered one so will post an update here once it arrives

Thanks
Luke

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to update this. The flange arrived:

Quality is superb. There is little to no difference between the pattern part and the Ducati flange. You get a bearing, retaining circlip and the flange as part of the set so you still need to source a gear from Ducati. The bearing though wasn't great. It was stuck in the flange and when I managed to tap it out, the cage had been deformed. The company were willing to switch it out but I had already fitted the flange, so I couldn't return it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts