Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for new main wiring on my 95 916 S1 (with the P8 ecu)
I have the front (kindly provided by a forum member) and am looking to buy the main (including the rear connection back to the P8)

I found a new 748SPS (Ducati part#51011111A) harness and want to know if this will be work on my bike.
The one I have now works but is heavily modified, and I want to go back to OEM and preferably new... but this is the only P8 wiring I can find new.

Any advice if this will work would be great.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
not applicable at all. p8 has two pick ups, ecu inputs go into different pins, requires wiring for the external ignition drivers.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not applicable at all. p8 has two pick ups, ecu inputs go into different pins, requires wiring for the external ignition drivers.
The item I was looking at was "1999 Ducati 748SPS + Senna fuel injection main wiring harness w/P8 ECU" I was assuming that the wiring of the P8 on the SPS version would be similar to the P8 on my 95.
If its not applicable at all, I'll skip it and see if I can find on OEM one for a 95.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
neither the 748sps nor 916 senna were fitted with the p8. it's either mislabelled or the seller is just trying to offload shit any way he can.

the only loom to suit your 95 (euro 94) is that specific loom. every other 916 with p8 loom - 916sp, 916sps, 996sps - is for dual injector per cylinder.

in the pic above, in the centre-ish there's two wide connectors with wiring coming out of the rubber boot at 45 - 90 degrees. they're the connectors for the ignition drivers on a p8. you need two of them on the loom you're after, that's a bit of a give away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts