Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hope you can help me think of what to do.
My 916 is not turning over. I had problems with the wires to the solenoid. Cleaned them and have a good 12v to the other side of the solenoid. I have 12v to the starter motor. I have replaced the starter motor with a new one from eletrix world. Put the starter motor with 12v direct before installation and it spinned. Put it all back together and now only a click. The 12v is going to the starter motor but not spinning the motor. It is as if the engine is locked. I can turn the engine over by putting the bike in gear. Twice now i have taken the cover off and changed the starter motor. Not sure what to do now?
regards Vincenzo

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
ASSUMING you have a properly grounded system, 12V through the solenoid is no guarantee it can pass the current needed by the starter. The contacts get consumed and have a smaller contact patch. Try applying 12V from the same battery to the beginning of the cable from the solenoid to the starter. If Ok, try the same connection to the feed side of the solenoid and activate. If that works, problem is between the solenoid and battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts