Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - been lurking about as a registered user for awhile as I hunted for and finally acquired a Ducati 900 Supersport. I met some cool owners along the way before deciding on this 1996 900SS with just under 6000 miles. There was a 15 year history on the bike, with the last two owners long time riding partners. The latest owner kept the bike in great running condition (sembra fantastico!). We changed the belts prior to me bringing it home. Now I need to get some fresh tires - read several threads here and think I may get the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III... I'm thinking of other updates but pacing the process as I'm new to this machine. Lots of great experience here - and hopefully in some way I can contribute as a Duc owner along the way. Photos pending...

·
Registered
764 Posts
SS/SP

Welcome Shawn! Be sure to visit the Supersport section, to help keep your machine in good working order. Plenty of information on this entire site.

Fred

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Yes, back in the day Ducati properly did not install clocks on their bikes,...

Only race timers....................which undoubtedly you could and can crush lap records as you now own a chariot of the gods, wing footed etcetera.............>:)

Time (day/hour) is supposed to stop while on said chariot.................:x the women folk ( or man folk for our female riders out there) are supposed to greet you back as a Roman warrior straight outta battle which lesser fools on lesser foolish motorcycles did NOT survive. Simply because of the merciless beatings they took from said roman warrior.

Lost my train of thought but, you get the idea. Welcome to the best part of the interwebs known to all the fleet footed as Ducati.MS :wink2:

Reactions: Luftgekult

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Congratulations! A 900SS/SP is a great bike and my favorite bike for long rides and touring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts