Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
i was going to say yeh buy it until i read the price, wow, have you got sponsership or in the running to get it?

pm tye, i'm sure he'd sell you his race bike for half that and it looks better

keep us posted which ever way you go

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Hey guys, was thinking about building an 84 for some track days. Want to maybe get out there with Melissa Paris one day. What do you think about this bike? http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/Larry_Pegram_Ducati_848_Race_Motorcycle

Or am i better off with the 1098?

thanks... :)
I just bought a race 848 for 12k, hell its not Pegrams bike (did you see what forks he is running, those are like 10K right?) but my bike is setup well and fun as blazes(oh yes and fast!)....you could easily buy a race 848 or build one yourself for under 15k. IMO.....do you ride with Melissa? or you thinking of going racing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Larry Pegram is in American Superbike class this year using the 1098R. Last year he was racing the 848.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
nobody really needs....but everybody really wants

·
Registered
701 Posts
he has 2 848 for sale for 25K without the forks, but i think the motor would have been the same.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
If your doing track days... who cares what you ride?!?! Take a street bike, throw some tires on it, put the proper springs in the fork/shock and have fun. I mean, there is no reason to compete, so why spend the money on a competition machine?

Going out to buy an 848 thats "bitchin" is like owning a Porsche GT3 for commuting every day. I mean, if you're not quick enough to use the power, why do you need it? I compete against 1098's and 1098R's every race weekend and have no problem getting 4th's and 5th's on my 749R... Tell ya one thing, its not the bike holding me back either, its the rider. If I were to drop my times, I'd kill the guys on the 1098's and my 749R is a better bike then ALL the 1098's I race with, combined.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Do you really need a $64,000 bike to ride around w/ Melissa Paris at track days? If so, then more power to you.
Guess I'm out of touch, but who is Melissa Paris?

Ridelisa, have to agree with Tye on this, (damn this hurts) buy a stock 848 and get the springs set to your weight. The bike will not hold you back. Get a used one, get some track fairings for it, and go have fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts