Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded to this 848 recently and I am receiving EXVL Error 23.1 When I further investigated I found this part(see picture) to me completely rusted out. No amount of WD-40 can get it loose. Anyways I've been trying to find out with the part is so I can replace it but can't seem to find it anywhere. In this parts Catalog (pg. 52/53) I am able to find the pieces that attach to it but not the specific part itself. If anyone who has had this issue before could identify the part that would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you take the cables off from that rusted valve, there should be no fault code anymore..I think..Then the servo moves the cables freely and think everything is working. If servo still works.

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
I upgraded to this 848 recently and I am receiving EXVL Error 23.1 When I further investigated I found this part(see picture) to me completely rusted out. No amount of WD-40 can get it loose. Anyways I've been trying to find out with the part is so I can replace it but can't seem to find it anywhere. In this parts Catalog (pg. 52/53) I am able to find the pieces that attach to it but not the specific part itself. If anyone who has had this issue before could identify the part that would be great.
Geezus... did that come from the factory like that? Those are some pretty hideous looking welds.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That little device is called a flux capacitor.... which, as we all know, makes time travel possible!

?
And I'm with Prophet on this one. Holy globby cold-welds, Batman!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you take the cables off from that rusted valve, there should be no fault code anymore..I think..Then the servo moves the cables freely and think everything is working. If servo still works.
That will get rid of the code but what position is the stuck flapper in? could be partially closed....

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
If you take the cables off it I’m sure it will fault when it does its cycle at ignition on - because there’s nothing to stop it going past the point it should stop. Get the electrical emulator or the ecu reflashed, or a new header.

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
OEM ecu will render error code with the wires disconnected or connector disconnected, but Full Termi system ecu program will not as that system wont have that valve, however its just a simple 1/0 switch in the ecu-program.
Likely any of the flash dragons can sort that, I could but Im not active anymore.

They can also get jammed, so that the servo cant move them, had that happen on a 848SF. We had a dyno day and this puppy did just over 100hp with a weird looking curve, should be around 120hp untouched, as this was a good customer to the company I worked for the bike came in for investigation. Conclusion jammed valve, opened it up fully and all was well -> 120hp
To know which way is open, idle the bike and turn the valve, its significantly less noisy with the valve shut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took it apart today, The servo still works fine. Additionally, I took the exhaust pipes to check the flapper which is stuck open. I'll try removing the cables and see if the error goes away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I worked for the bike came in for investigation. Conclusion jammed valve, opened it up fully and all was well -> 120hp
Do you know how to get the valve unstuck? I tried twisting it with a wrench but it didn't want to give.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Best would be to remove the mid-pipe, soak the butterfly internally and externally with PB-Blaster or whatever, let it sit over night, then see if it frees up in the morning.

If it was mine, I would remove the exhaust, jam a metal rod in there, then let the hammer enjoy some time with the end of the rod.

Lot's of routes here. Used mid-pipes don't cost much.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I took it apart today, The servo still works fine. Additionally, I took the exhaust pipes to check the flapper which is stuck open. I'll try removing the cables and see if the error goes away.
The code won’t go away without a Servo Buddy. It may disappear temporarily but it’ll come back

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jeez.. I've never seen that before. But I believe it's called the exup valve. I just gave away a few OEM exhausts.. or I would have given you one.

If you get the ECU flashed of get the dp ECU you won't need it anyways.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts