Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, i'm waiting my 848 2010 is comming soon,but i don't know its work ok with normal temperature of weather is 30-33 degrees.I thinks it made to work at 25-30 degrees>right or not,plz help.Many thanks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi everybody, i'm waiting my 848 2010 is comming soon,but i don't know its work ok with normal temperature of weather is 30-33 degrees.I thinks it made to work at 25-30 degrees>right or not,plz help.Many thanks.
Thats only around 90 deg F. I ride my 848 in Florida, USA. It runs fine in temps over 100 deg F. You should have no problems. Congrats on your new Ducati!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okie thanks man!I just buy a new Ducati and in my country have only 4 Ducati,they are 2x1098,999 and my bike.Almost they don't have knowledge for V-twin engine of Du,because we only use Japan motor before.Can y tell me,with a new Du motor, how i use it in the best,how many ml change oil,how many ml change desmo vales....hope your reply.many thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
okie thanks man!I just buy a new Ducati and in my country have only 4 Ducati,they are 2x1098,999 and my bike.Almost they don't have knowledge for V-twin engine of Du,because we only use Japan motor before.Can y tell me,with a new Du motor, how i use it in the best,how many ml change oil,how many ml change desmo vales....hope your reply.many thanks!!
Change oil every 3000 miles. Use full synthetic oil. I believe the valve check mileage is 8000 or 10000 miles for the 848. If it is brand new with no miles, do not go over 5000rpm for the first 500 miles, I believe that is the recommendation break in instructions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
No problems with 1098 in Australian conditions - like most water-cooled bikes, they prefer to keep moving, and will get very hot if stopped at traffic lights too long! Motor runs slightly cooler with race exhaust - less restriction of exhaust gases. Enjoy your Ducati, and avoid long stops at the many traffic lights in Saigon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problems with 1098 in Australian conditions - like most water-cooled bikes, they prefer to keep moving, and will get very hot if stopped at traffic lights too long! Motor runs slightly cooler with race exhaust - less restriction of exhaust gases. Enjoy your Ducati, and avoid long stops at the many traffic lights in Saigon!
Yeah,traffic jam in saigon is so bad, but i think with lovinge for Du bike help me ride it.
How many miles the bike was go then it can go with high rpm,my Du is 848 Nicky Hayden 2010 with stock exhaust!!!

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Yeah,traffic jam in saigon is so bad, but i think with lovinge for Du bike help me ride it.
How many miles the bike was go then it can go with high rpm,my Du is 848 Nicky Hayden 2010 with stock exhaust!!!
500 miles below 5000 rpm.

·
9,757 Posts
It's more of a software thing. It mostly runs cooler because of the richer fueling.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks to all.Now i'm waitting it coming at the end of month.Wanna ride Du bike in my country so hard,long time for shipping and expensive...:(

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
what is quality of road surface there? are there lots of curves and elevation changes. Show us pictures of where you ride please.

I would like to go to Vietnam and ride from south to north where chinese border is... what are you suggestions for renting a bike there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what is quality of road surface there? are there lots of curves and elevation changes. Show us pictures of where you ride please.

I would like to go to Vietnam and ride from south to north where chinese border is... what are you suggestions for renting a bike there?
The road surface in the city is so bad,and traffic light can make you crazy.But on the highway go to middle Vietnam have so many curve around sea, mountain pass road very nice because almost province in Vietnam have sea side,and the most beauti is Nha Trang city, distance from Saigon is 450km.In there you can joint almost game at the sea.Waitting me for the pic upload when i can.
Rgds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts