Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, wanted to see if anyone has encountered this before. After changing my previous Yuasa battery to a Skyrich lithium ion battery, I noticed that the "boot-up" time became longer - i.e. the time for the lights to flash before the "Ducati 848" wording comes up. I was told that this was due to the nature of lithium ion batteries but couldnt find any other forum posts to that effect. Thanks very much in advance, and apologies if this is a "newbie" question.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if not on a tender or ignition cycled at least weekly lifepo batteries will go to sleep, potentially causing a delay in response when next cycled. Mine was a pain to start if left for more than a week un-tendered. Need to cycle ignition 3-4 times and then leave on for a couple minutes to warm up the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if not on a tender or ignition cycled at least weekly lifepo batteries will go to sleep, potentially causing a delay in response when next cycled.
I have 12v lithiums we use at work to power gear and our batteries do this "sleep" thing too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts