Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking into buying a 2003 749s and just had a couple of questions I'm hoping you can answer.

Is it possible to convert the bike to a biposto? If so, how much does this usually cost?

What's the hp/tq/ and 1/4 mile numbers for the bike?

Are there any known issues for this model year?

With a Ducati redesign around the corner is it a bad time to buy this model? I haven't always been a big fan of the new styling, but is has really started to grow on me, especially after seeing them in person. When the new style comes out are these things gonna take a major hit in value?

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Yes, it is possible to convert it to a bi...but why would you do that???? I know you need a bi rear subframe and the tail and associated seat parts. I've heard around $2,000 if you do it factory. Check the classifieds and e-bay.

I know the '04's and think the '03's as well had stalling issues. Remedied in '05.

hp/tq was less than '05 but don't know the numbers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info galaxy. I have read about the stalling issues and was able to find the other info i was looking for with some google searching late last night. I don't think it matters I'm prolly gonna pass on the bike anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.