Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a project that Ive been working on for the last couple of years.It is a 749 with twin garrett turbos.Running approx 25-30psi boost the engine should make around 280bhp. It has a mecanical fuel pump that pushes the methanol upto 2 injectors per cylinder.Custom JE pistons are getting made at present and will be about 9.5 to 1 comp.Titanium H beam crower conrods have also been custom made.The fairings are all carbon from ducati the fuel tank is custom carbon and the wheels are magniesium.The swingarm has been made longer and has large billet alloy wheeliebar/axle supports.At the end of the build I want the bike to weigh in at 150kg dry (30kg less than our 1098R).Motec is the ecu and also we us an M&W CDI ignition that is so strong you can probably weld with it.Anyway, Im building this for my dad who thinks I am trying to kill him! Low 8 sec at 170mph or so is the goal. More pictures at www.ducatibunbury.com.au

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Did you piece the bike together from acquired parts? Looks sweet! Is that a 749Dark frame? Just noticing different details :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Holy Sh*T

Everytime I look at those pictures, that Lonley Island song from SNL comes to mind.

JIZZ IN MY PANTS :)

My friend , you are an artist!

·
Registered
46 Posts
WOWEEE that's pretty cool, but I have to ask why 749R instead of a 999, 1098, etc.?

He did mention that he had been working on it for a few years. So 1198 and maybe 1098 are out of the picture.

Judging by the 999 (which is most likey his) the 749 is Papa's and it needed a little more juice.

Twin turbos and meth gas......... He must not like his dad very much ;)

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I've always said, if my dad is going to go, why not with two turbos and meth?

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
DPG - I like your style. Next time I am in H-town, I'm gonna ask you to show me where the hot riding spots are.
Riding spots in Houston? Haha, you mean, how far do I have to ride to get to a riding spot that which is close to Houston. There are places where bikes chill, and there are plenty of freeway cruisers, no riding spots IN Houston unfortunately. The forest is a cool place to go, but about an 45min from Houston.

·
9,757 Posts
This is a project that Ive been working on for the last couple of years.It is a 749 with twin garrett turbos.Running approx 25-30psi boost the engine should make around 280bhp. It has a mecanical fuel pump that pushes the methanol upto 2 injectors per cylinder.Custom JE pistons are getting made at present and will be about 9.5 to 1 comp.Titanium H beam crower conrods have also been custom made.The fairings are all carbon from ducati the fuel tank is custom carbon and the wheels are magniesium.The swingarm has been made longer and has large billet alloy wheeliebar/axle supports.At the end of the build I want the bike to weigh in at 150kg dry (30kg less than our 1098R).Motec is the ecu and also we us an M&W CDI ignition that is so strong you can probably weld with it.Anyway, Im building this for my dad who thinks I am trying to kill him! Low 8 sec at 170mph or so is the goal. More pictures at www.ducatibunbury.com.au
DAMN

Any sound clips or video?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
However the 749 has thicker barrell skirts and with be stronger than 999.
The only thing better than more cc's is BOOST. The higher boost should fill in any shortfall the smaller engine has.We will also be using Nitrous to get it going off the start line, and then turn nos off when boost is up.
Yep you right,1198 would be good to do too, but been doing this bike for couple of years.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
very impressive.question,why timed injectors over constant flow with bypasses?wouldn't it be far more simple tuning wise

1 - 20 of 39 Posts