Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2004 749R track/race bike which is all standard engine wise at the min apart from a ducati corse cluth and the 54mm half termi system ive just baught (havent fitted it yet), but after reading a few threads on here im not sure what the bike will run like with the termi's on. anyone got any suggestions or help for my best option as im after more mid range than top end for the track. i need the bike to stay below 105db for it to pass sound tests so i was contemplating leaving the cat pipe on and just using the termi back box, would this be ok? would i need a power commander?

cheers guys

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
The system should be like 102db. If you want midrange, then the half system is good for you. The full systems turn the bike into a beast, but you lose a little midrange. Of course, you could always get a full system and just adjust the timing to give more midrange as opposed to top end.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also guys, whats the difference between the size in exhausts for the ducati's eg the 54mm or 56mm and so on ?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Stock is around 50mm, then 54mm and 57mm systems, and a few 60mm corsa systems.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Back in late 2004, we took my bone-stock, brand new 2005 749R and tossed it up on the dyno. After a few break-in runs, we based-lined the stock setup on pump gas - 112hp. Left the bike on the dyno, fitted the Termi 57mm full system, a Power Commander, and dumped in VP U4, and -- without anything more than some *very* basic tweaking on the PC -- saw 125 hp. More hp and torque at all levels, with no holes or big dips. Here's a link to the dyno chart:

http://www.hordpower.com/gallery/album07/749R_2?full=1

If you can afford the full system (and I have on in the Classifieds right now), you definitely won't be sorry.

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
wounded, r is different from all other 749
Stock aint bad with timed cams as a treat.

What I like to see was a small 2-1-2 system 50 maximum för that bike, I see the possibility for making good power with such a system.

With 57mm even the 999 looses mid, not a good idea för a 749.

On the other hand I mapped a 749R and its very differnt as mentioned coming out over 120 with full system, on that one its well spent.

Then again remember the 749R is an individual of its own.

·
Registered
857 Posts
wounded, r is different from all other 749
Stock aint bad with timed cams as a treat.

What I like to see was a small 2-1-2 system 50 maximum för that bike, I see the possibility for making good power with such a system.

With 57mm even the 999 looses mid, not a good idea för a 749.

On the other hand I mapped a 749R and its very differnt as mentioned coming out over 120 with full system, on that one its well spent.

Then again remember the 749R is an individual of its own.
umm.. the OP was about 749R:abduct:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts