Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, ive got a 2004 749R which i use for track and i had a bit of a highside a few weeks ago and damaged the clocks/dash, the bike still starts with the unit plugged in but the bottom led screen has completely gone and the outside caseing is all mashed up. im aware that i cannot just replace the clocks with new ones but is there a way or anyone know of a company that could just change the bottom led screen? But as its a track bike and the rev counter works do i really need the led screen or could i go without it?
or can i change the clocks for a race dash without touching the ecu etc?

id be greatfull for any help guys.

thanx Rich

·
Registered
228 Posts
All I have on my race bike is a digital temp gauge and a oil pressure light. most of the guys I race with put tape over the speedo screen anyways. If its a straight track bike, go waste your money on better tires or some go fast goodies.

·
Registered
661 Posts
How does one get around the immobalizer? (Own a race bike, not stolen :) ) Just trying to shave weight if I can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive found this guy who can re-code a set of used clocks providing youve got your original clocks in working order, he can download the codes from the current clocks and upload them into used clocks for £75 + p+p
it seems like a sensible idea but by the time i can find a set of donor clocks and get them recoded would it be worth paying the extra bit for a new ecu and aftermarket clocks? if so what would the benefit be? and again as its only a track bike do i really need the led screen? all i can think of is the engine temp which i wouldnt be able check?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts