Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 696 where only one adjuster screw works. The other is either welded or stuck. I bought the bike brand new so I am the original owner. Any ideas? Am I supposed to only sync the carbs with 1 screw?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
do you mean the air bleed screws are stuck? you could try some penetrant around them, or try to heat the throttle body casting.

the sync screw is between the throttle bodies, bugger to get to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you mean the air bleed screws are stuck? you could try some penetrant around them, or try to heat the throttle body casting.

the sync screw is between the throttle bodies, bugger to get to.
Yes, one air bleed screw seems totally stuck. It is in brand new condition. The other was loose from the get-go and I could turn it easily using a screwdriver.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
AeroKroil is a good penetrant. Find a screwdriver that fits the slot perfectly. Try to work the screw back and forth, not just counter clockwise. Keep dousing it periodically. You can try tapping on the screwdriver with a little hammer but don’t get carried away. Patience is your friend.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know why it would be stuck like this? It's not like there is any rust or miles on the bike.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Don’t know. Blame it on random electrons. When you get them both loose put a little grease or anti seize on them to avoid a repeat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts