Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have a 2003 620ss (injected) and have been looking for aftermarket exhaust silencers.

I have read in various places that 750ss, 900ss and 1000ss aftermarket cans will fit my bike - can anyone comment whether this is correct please ?

I have downloaded the Ducati parts catalogs for mine and these other bikes and looked at the silencer part numbers.

The part number for my bike 573.1.047.1B (RHS) and 574.1.047.1B (LHS) only seems to correspond wth that of the 1000ss. Both the 750ss and 900ss use part numbers 573.1.047.1A and 574.1.047.1A.

Any one know the difference between the A's and B's and.

Interesting 'stuff' for my bike seems to be thin on the ground so be great to find out whether I can use stuff from these other bikes.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Might be answering my own question here but could do with confirmation from an expert as I see a lovely looking set of arrow carbon fibre cans on Ebay for a 900ss.

It appears I may be out of luck as from what I read only 800ss and 1000ss exhausts are compatible with the 620ss. Both models also seem to be as rare as my 620 so its going to be tough to source....

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
yeah, this is how i know it, 620-800-1000 cans are compatible
and are pretty tough to source used.

welcome to the board. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
You could always gut the factory cans. Granted it wont net the lovely note of the Arrows but it will get you a significantly louder growl.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could always gut the factory cans. Granted it wont net the lovely note of the Arrows but it will get you a significantly louder growl.
Was tempted to try this (on a Ebay sourced set of original cans) but frankly it looked too much like hard work. As I recall the process involved angle grinders, big hammers and such like :D

Thanks for the replies though gents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts