Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the files attached here don't work if they use their original type. so they have .txt added to the end of them.

download the file and change the name to remove the .txt on the end.

then it is a .rar file, which will open with winzip or the like.

then it will extract to a 256k file, which you can use.

·
Excel Addict
5,133 Posts
the file that Dutch848 posted is only 56kb and iaw writer wont open it. as my bin from my bike is 256kb and iaw writer will open that.
Can I politely suggest that you stop clicking buttons and using software until you are confident in what you are doing.

There are two main ECU variants that are used in 620, 800 and 1000 models. These are used in other capacities as well - Eg 749 and 999.

The two main variants are the 59M and the 5AM.

A bin file, which ends in .bin is the map. For the 59M this file size is 256kB, so as your file size is 256, then you have a 59M.
The 5AM file size is 320kB. For the 5AM there are also two hardware variants (maybe more - dunno) but these are 103 and 610.

I recall that the 59M only has the hardware version 010.

XDF files are the "interface" between the hex code in the bin file and Tunerpro that have been developed by clever dudes that have mostly voluntarily worked out what the hex means to mere mortals like me in a visual and editable form.
These XDF file sizes depend on how much the clever dude worked out what was what in the bin file. They can also include notes, comments whatever.
It would be highly unlikely that the XDF file size exactly matched the bin file size, but is a remote possibility.

IAW Reader and Writer can only work with bin files and does checks to stop you effing up when writing/flashing to the ECU, however you must be sure the the bin file being written matches the hardware version.

Tunerpro has two main steps.
Open an XDF, then open the bin file.
It is then a matter of seeing if the XDF suits the bin file you opened.
Usually a quick check is the double click on the main fuel table to see if it looks sensible. I.e. you might see weird, out of order TP and RPM values for the Row and Column headings. You might also see whacko values in the table. Either of these or other things mean that the XDF does not look at the right places in your bin file.

I have not looked at the file Brad is referring to, but there are defined list of file extensions that can be uploaded.
These are bmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt and zip.

If forum members want to upload a file that does not have one of these extensions, such as .bin or .xdf, they edit the file name on their computer to add a . and any of those extensions.

For example, if you wanted to upload your bin file and it was currently named dragon7470.bin you could not upload it.
However if you changed the file name by adding .txt to become dragon7470.bin.txt then it would upload quite happily.
Then someone could download it, then remove the .txt and they could then use it as bin file.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really appreciate you explaining that to me so I have a pretty good understanding of everything.

So I have a 59m ecu because of my file size 256kb that came off the bike and it has the same label on it as the ecu in the YouTube video that 620 dark uploaded. Ours are both 2002 monster 620s except mine isn’t the dark edition.

I opened the file that Dutch848 uploaded which apparently worked on 620dark’s bike and wrote it to my bike with iawriter and didn’t have any luck. Immo light is still on and don’t have any spark when jumping the solenoid.

Then I downloaded the xdf and stock bin. Discarding the bin. The xdf has the immo flag in tuner pro which is what I was looking for the whole time. So I took a copy of my original bike file and “removed the immo” in tuner pro and wrote it to the bike with still no luck.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Then I downloaded the xdf and stock bin. Discarding the bin. The xdf has the immo flag in tuner pro which is what I was looking for the whole time. So I took a copy of my original bike file and “removed the immo” in tuner pro and wrote it to the bike with still no luck.
If the XDF doesn't line up all of the tables it most likely does not interface properly with the "IMMO Toggle" either and will not actually change the setting in the map. This map and xdf stuff is kinda sketchy.

I think you are close but I'd stay with the Map Dutch848 posted. You'll stumble into the issue eventually. we are not holding out info from you, most of us are stumbling through this ourselves.

t_bare

·
Excel Addict
5,133 Posts
the file that Dutch848 posted is only 56kb and iaw writer wont open it. as my bin from my bike is 256kb and iaw writer will open that.
How about you upload your bin file via manage attachments and of course adding .txt or any of the other acceptable file extensions as per an earlier post of mine.

·
Excel Addict
5,133 Posts
I really appreciate you explaining that to me so I have a pretty good understanding of everything.

So I have a 59m ecu because of my file size 256kb that came off the bike and it has the same label on it as the ecu in the YouTube video that 620 dark uploaded. Ours are both 2002 monster 620s except mine isn’t the dark edition.

I opened the file that Dutch848 uploaded which apparently worked on 620dark’s bike and wrote it to my bike with iawriter and didn’t have any luck. Immo light is still on and don’t have any spark when jumping the solenoid.

Don't take this as gospel as others more informed (Meinolf) advised me of this and the caveat is that it may not apply to your model, but it can't hurt.

Whilst you may be able to see the immo flag in the bin via the XDF, you cannot actually change it in the XDF.
Some things are stored in the EEPROM, not the bin.
To overcome this you read the ECU with the EEPROM tool from the Guzzidiag site.
This will result in a file with an extension .eep
Change the extension name from .eep to .bin
Now open that file with the XDF that worked for your downloaded bin
Change the immo flag to off and save it with a name like immo off which will be a .bin file by default as you have a file .bin open
Now go to that file on your computer and change it from .bin to .eep, then use the EEPROM tool to write it back.
The EEPROM tool has very simple instructions for you to follow and does not need a writeup.

You cannot just change the bin file extension of the file read by IAW Reader to eep, it must be read by the EEPROM tool, then follow the above.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
one thing that can apply to early m620 is that they don't have a clutch switch, and there's a different ecu file for that model and the later files don't work - they won't start. not immobilised, just wont crank from memory.

i've not ever come across it myself, but know of people who have. not sure if it's an issue here, but it may be complicating things?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for bringing back an old post, I'm one of the code illiterate types with a immobilized Monster 620. Using the IAW5x reader I saved a couple of copies of the original file, and using the writer tried a couple of the .bins in this thread to no avail. Never could get any of them to read in Tunerpro, I suppose I don't have the right xdf. Any chance any of yall would be willing to edit out the immobilizer for me?

Attachments

·
Excel Addict
5,133 Posts
That is not a bin file.
It is useful though as it tells "us" about the ECU.
IAW59MHW010
Not sure if I have an XDF to suit, but can you post the file that you read via IAW Reader that has the extension .bin
Just add .pdf to the file name before uploading.

·
Excel Addict
5,133 Posts
Did you try the bin file in post #78? Looks like it worked for member 620Dark
Dutch848 also posted a couple of other bins before that as immo off that you might want to try if #78 does not work.
Also the XDF Dutch posted earlier worked with the bin file in the same RAR.txt file post #70

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried #78 with no luck, same with #70. Using the xdf in #70 I could read(well, see numbers anyway, its all Greek to me) my original bin. Under "flags" I opened "immo" and the box that says "set" wasn't checked, so maybe the immobilizer wasn't my issue to begin with?

·
Excel Addict
5,133 Posts
What is your issue?
Have you started a thread elsewhere?
Is the Immo light on?
If the Immo light is on it may be due to the antennae below the key barrel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Issue is dead starter button, can short the starter fine, but no spark.
Haven't started any other threads

Story is as follows: Previous owner dropped the bike unloading it, and I guess the shock of the drop damaged the dash/gauge cluster. The digital display on the speedometer is unreadable, and something was rattling inside. Upon taking it apart there were some inconsequential bits of broken plastic inside, and I also noticed the immobilizer light was burnt out on the board. Took it to a shop and they said the immobilizer had locked it, and since I didn't get the code card with the bike I was out of luck.

·
Excel Addict
5,133 Posts
As you have the cables, have you used IAW Diag to look at error codes?
As the cluster is not working, that would the place to start as in repair or replace then go through the Immo if that is an issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really should have tried the diagnostics first, but up till now I've been going off of what the shop had told me. I'll try to take a look tomorrow with IAW Diag and see what shows up. Thanks again.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts