Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Ducati 620 i.e. sport , 2003

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rummaggio 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I have 2 Ducati's in the stable right now, I was looking at a 620 i.e. sport for my son to ride, it has 11,000 miles on it, I don't know too much about this bike. My son is 16 and handles my ST's with no problem, and has been riding a Suzuki GS500 for his primary bike and wants to step up to something with a little more snap. Are the 620's a good bike? Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated .

#2 ·
I have a 2003 620 sport ie. That's actually the only year they made them. I will be giving it to my son who will be 16 next year once my SF848 is in the garage. If your son is riding a GS500 the 620 will not be much of a step up for him. I think the 620 is like 64HP stock and the GS is like 50HP. The 620 is definitley gonna have alot more torque.They are both very much entry level bikes and even though I've had mine for several years I out grew it pretty quickly. It is a very fun bike to ride don't get me wrong and probably a good bike for a 16 year old but not exactly a beast. It handles very good in the corners and has fairly good low end grunt. I have slip on termis and the race kit on mine so I think it has a little more HP than stock but probably not a lot.

#3 ·
I think it'll be a perfect bike for him. Man, I see you guys with children getting them into the sport. I hope to be able to do the same one day when and if I have a child. Kudos to you all.

#4 ·
I've got a SS1000 and I used to ride my girlfriend's Monster 620 a lot. The 1000 just goes when you twist it while the 620 you could keep it twisted all the time without getting into too much trouble. I would think the SS620 would be a great bike.

#5 ·
Thanks guys, I purchased it. Got it a killer deal because on the way over to my business the guy that was selling it dumped it. he broke a front turn signal and a scrape on the left fairing. he was asking $3000 for it, it has 11,000 miles on it,never had belts yet, first thing I will do is valve adjust and belts. I ended paying him $2000 for it , now we got a great project bike , we were going to do custom paint on it anyway. Seems like it will be a great bike!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.