Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
i like Spies a lot....will be fun to see what the three new comers will be able to bring.....

·
Bon Vivant
10,917 Posts
Sweet! MotoGP is badly in need of riders to fill the back of the grid. Spies on a pramac is way better than Colin on a CRT POS ;) lol

Funny, my wife follows a bunch of riders on twitter including BS, she told me about this last week - I didn't believe her...

·
Bon Vivant
10,917 Posts
I sincerely hope Ben's career - and body - can survive this coming year.
Rossi's return to Yamaha will have a big effect on the perception and future of Ducati as a race team and all of the guys riding for Ducati

If Rossi is back in the top 4 I think there will be a race for the Door over at that team. I hope Ben and Hayden can jump ship before it fully sinks.

If Rossi proves to be just as slow on the Yam then I don't think as much blame will befall Ducati for his performance and therefore won't reflect on other Ducati riders.

I also have to wonder what will happen to the conventional framed Ducati GP bikes; Will they continue to develop down that road or will they scrap it and go back to their own designs?

It's going to be an interesting season for sure!

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
Ducati are cashed up now, have far more engineering brains at their disposal and won't have a prima donna moping around inside the garage bringing everyone else down with him.
I see things in a more positive light now.
Incidentally.. the door to where exactly?

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I find some of the remarks here and especially in the road racing section about Spies going to Ducati quite bizarre.People saying that to win he should stay with Yamaha or Honda which is probably true at the moment. What that really says is, if you are not riding the winning combo of today you might as well pack your shit and go home. That would leave, what, 6 bikes in the field or about the same number of cars in F-1. Would you rather see a rider with less talent on the Duc so you could go with blaming the rider?
As for money I think he could have made just as much elsewhere though pretty hard to bargain for a good salary given the year he has had.
If, as he has stated, it is about the passion, which I believe and at which the cynics laugh, it's for that reason that Stoner was not willing to carry on in Moto GP.
If you want a soulless piece of shit that wins fine, but the reason we ride Ducati is not because it is the most reliable or fastest bike out there and if a guy like Spies is going to try to prove it is, then I'll cheer for him.

·
comrade moderator
26,770 Posts
Well that's a very romantic notion, but your first paragraph was exactly right. These guys aren't racing for passion.

·
7,654 Posts
And... if Ben quits his Mom's out of a job :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I join the chorus of well wishers for Ben and hope that he manages to stay seated, especially early in his time on the Duc. However I am thinking that there are several similarities between Ben and Ruben Xaus. Will be interesting to see what time brings.
It will be also interesting to see how Iannone developes, he has proven himself to be a true competitor.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,233 Posts
I join the chorus of well wishers for Ben and hope that he manages to stay seated, especially early in his time on the Duc. However I am thinking that there are several similarities between Ben and Ruben Xaus. Will be interesting to see what time brings.
It will be also interesting to see how Iannone developes, he has proven himself to be a true competitor.
I just hope ben starts working on his power slides!!!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Good news/bad news for Ben:

Good news, he's got a MotoGP ride for next year...bad news, he has to ride the Ducati...:rolleyes:

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,233 Posts
Good news is he can add an 1199 to his stable... Bad news is he wont be racing it

Auto corect disabledh

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would have prefered to see Iannone spend another year in moto2 if that is what it would take to get a better ride.
He won't have much for Marquez now.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yikes. From factory Yamaha to satellite Ducati is quite a fall.

Which is better? To fail at the major leagues or dominate the minor league? But I figured Ben would be heading back to WSBK when he said he'd be leaving Yamaha.

·
7,654 Posts
Yikes. From factory Yamaha to satellite Ducati is quite a fall.

Which is better? To fail at the major leagues or dominate the minor league? But I figured Ben would be heading back to WSBK when he said he'd be leaving Yamaha.
Still feel the same way after the Ducati's performance yesterday ? :)
Ducati is on the move.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Still feel the same way after the Ducati's performance yesterday ? :)
Ducati is on the move.

I can see Ducati dropping their MotoGP effort in the near future. At the end of the day, racing is an expensive marketing campaign. And its hard to bill your product with the high-end racing heritage type of feel if you're constantly getting your ass kicked. I see them going back to their roots at WSBK with the 1199, doing damage there, and using that to sell bikes.

If you think the factory Ducs are anywhere near being on the same competitive plane as the HRC and factory Yamaha bikes, you're on drugs.

·
7,654 Posts
I can see Ducati dropping their MotoGP effort in the near future. At the end of the day, racing is an expensive marketing campaign. And its hard to bill your product with the high-end racing heritage type of feel if you're constantly getting your ass kicked. I see them going back to their roots at WSBK with the 1199, doing damage there, and using that to sell bikes.

If you think the factory Ducs are anywhere near being on the same competitive plane as the HRC and factory Yamaha bikes, you're on drugs.
Yesterday Rossi had his best ride ever on the Duc in the dry so why would they give up just as they've turned the corner?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts