Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A carbon heat guard will look pretty but it won't last since it's just way to close to the pipe and that section of the pipe will be very hot as most already found out so the guard will suffer with time.....

Neither does the carbon reflect the heat, as many think it does so it won't help with the heat at all.

Something special is in the works that will withstand the extreme heat and also will reflect it away from the rider.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I'll be interested to see what you come up with. I'm going to have mine jet hot coated and then put some of the alum reflector film inside. On 1199 forum an owner had an engineer friend do a before/after heat analysis on the exhaust coated and it was a pretty substantial improvement so perhaps that'll give some improvement to the guard.

A carbon heat guard will look pretty but it won't last since it's just way to close to the pipe and that section of the pipe will be very hot as most already found out so the guard will suffer with time.....

Neither does the carbon reflect the heat, as many think it does so it won't help with the heat at all.

Something special is in the works that will withstand the extreme heat and also will reflect it away from the rider.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
+1 on the exhaust guard as well. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will be a while before it's all ready but it will help the heat alot.

The mold for the carbon tank/buckle guard is being made right now so they will be ready within 4-6 weeks.

Will be like this one just to fit the 1199 tank.
A real carbon fiber piece, no sticker...........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts