Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amongst the hype over the Multistrada 1200 Ducati also unveiled a new special edition Corse version of the 1098R now called 1198. The bike features a Ducati Corse color scheme and a lighter a larger aluminum tank. An S version is also available with the aluminum tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Maybe this should be in the classified section?

For Sale: many non-essential body organs, high mileage but servicable.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Is it me or does that bike only have a wheel stripe on the front wheel?

Someone on this site gave me crap for only having a front wheel stripe on my S4RS when all along I was starting a trend.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
That looks freakin hot. I can't wait to see it in person.

They shoulda kept the black swingarm, rearsets, and sidestand though.
The black swingarm is the biggest thing I like about the 1098 over the 1198. You've got a massive beautiful aluminum single sider, why paint it so that it's harder to see?

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
The black swingarm is the biggest thing I like about the 1098 over the 1198. You've got a massive beautiful aluminum single sider, why paint it so that it's harder to see?
Because it's an ugly slab of welded, pressed aluminum 2 feet tall !:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Because it's an ugly slab of welded, pressed aluminum 2 feet tall !:)
Versus the clunky cast potmetal swinger on the 999? Or maybe that other black one that looks like it came from a CBR? :D
Hey, cut it out you kids and go to your room!!

Right, where were we....?? Ah, with all these different versions they're like MV Agusta except pumping them out twice as often. No doubt any major update to the looks of the thing will not happen twice as fast as what MV can do but probably take twice as long after the "debacle" of the 749/999. New Ducati superbike due in 2027!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
That looks freakin hot. I can't wait to see it in person.

They shoulda kept the black swingarm, rearsets, and sidestand though.
i think it (the swingarm) is black. it's just catching some glare from the lights

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think you're missing the point. A CF tank is no good during a crash and that's why you won't find such tanks in World SBK anymore.

Besides, the weight of an aluminium tank is only slightly higher than a CF tank and as for dents they can easily be fixed. A crashed CF tank, however, is often written off. And you don't want those CF fibres to cut through your leather and enter your body...
Not really - alum dents and the weight savings is minimal. An "ETI fuel-cel" would be pure PRON!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts