Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I upgraded my 999 to 1198 dash
I got everything working but the indicators to work
The 1198 doesnt use a normal relay but the DASH itself communicates to the globes directly
So there are several 12 volt components that may have broken in there somewhere
The dash flashes the LED s on the screen itself so the logic from the handlebar switch to the dash must be OK
I connected a CRO to the wire near the indicator rear globe and only got 5Volts
So took the dash apart and tried to diagnose using a multi meter using the diode test method
Ive fixed several iphones so its a good method to find stuffed capacitors etc
The two 24 pin chips that handle the 12 volts (as per picture) seemed to be OK
But its very difficult to check modern board components cos they have a protective plastic coating
so dont know if the figures are reliable
But anyway there was a brown burnt spot on the rear display board so it was pretty obvious that it was the R200
point 2 ohms.resistor.I meseared this after scraping the conacts and got 56 ohms mmm not good
Ordered part and resoldered and reassembled (50 screws ,a 2 wire connector and a ribbon cable )
and Yeeh indicators now work :)Sorry didnt show this part but container of the dash is not pressure fitted so its pretty easy
to disasemble but make sure you dont miss the 2 srews under the ribbon cable !
DASH TO MAIN WIRING LOOM SIGNAL.jpg
components 2.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Great work on this. You seem pretty competent around a PCB so I was wondering if you can tell where the memory chip is? I am trying to figure out if its possible to swap dash boards by just transferring the memory. See my thread about this here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great work on this. You seem pretty competent around a PCB so I was wondering if you can tell where the memory chip is? I am trying to figure out if its possible to swap dash boards by just transferring the memory. See my thread about this here.
Sorry I cheated a lot by buying a wiring loom and dash and injectors and ecu for the 1198 on eBay
I have attempted to fiddle with as many internal settings as possible using TuneEcu cos you have to bypass o2 and exhaust valve and choke system but I was only able to adapt an 1198 to run on my 999 not clone the ecu on the ecu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I cheated a lot by buying a wiring loom and dash and injectors and ecu for the 1198 on eBay
I have attempted to fiddle with as many internal settings as possible using TuneEcu cos you have to bypass o2 and exhaust valve and choke system but I was only able to adapt an 1198 to run on my 999 not clone the ecu on the ecu
Of the 999

1 - 4 of 4 Posts