Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I hope u can help.
My bike is quickly going to 200f quickly , the temp drops once I’m riding on the highway , city roads the temperatures rises quickly, I feel. I don’t see the fans coming on. I checked the fuse and they were good. I spin the fans with my finger and nothing was holding it back.

·
Registered
853 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the computer turns the fans on (LH) at 214°F, (RH) at 216°F.
Most stock-engined water-cooled sportbikes are designed to produce their best power when coolant temperatures are close to 200°F.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
200f is only 93c. the fans don't come on until 103 or 104c.
My bike temperature was at 225F and the fan didn’t kick on, I just got the bike so I’m a bit concerned . My last bike was a 996 and I didn’t have these kind of issues . Thank u for reaching out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I'm not mistaken, the computer turns the fans on (LH) at 214°F, (RH) at 216°F.
Most stock-engined water-cooled sportbikes are designed to produce their best power when coolant temperatures are close to 200°F.

My temperature got to 222F and I didn’t see the fan come on . Idk this is normal or .. I have an issue going on

·
Registered
105 Posts
Check your fan relay. Left side of the bike on the right of the battery. Have had those corrode before (fuel pump relay in same location) and cause issues.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My bike temperature was at 225F and the fan didn’t kick on, I just got the bike so I’m a bit concerned . My last bike was a 996 and I didn’t have these kind of issues . Thank u for reaching out
I need to double-check but I believe the fans on my 848 Evo turn on at around 180F.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I need to double-check but I believe the fans on my 848 Evo turn on at around 180F.
Temperature can be changed in the ECU for the fans kicking in, but the lowest available (on my 2010 848, at least - I'm reasonably certain the 1098/1198 are the same) that you can select is 95 degrees Celsius, which is around 203 F. I've changed mine to that via TuneECU, but the default setting is higher.

TuneECU is handy for that fan test...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Temperature can be changed in the ECU for the fans kicking in, but the lowest available (on my 2010 848, at least - I'm reasonably certain the 1098/1198 are the same) that you can select is 95 degrees Celsius, which is around 203 F. I've changed mine to that via TuneECU, but the default setting is higher.

TuneECU is handy for that fan test...

Where could u get the cables ? And I think my relay is done , no reason why my fans didn’t come on at 223F , my best day off I’m going to take the fairings off and check the relay fan, how do I know if it’s bad ? Is there a way to check the relay?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where could u get the cables ? And I think my relay is done , no reason why my fans didn’t come on at 223F , my best day off I’m going to take the fairings off and check the relay fan, how do I know if it’s bad ? Is there a way to check the relay?
For cables you need a fiat 3 pin to obd2 like this and either a bluetooth obd adapter if your laptop has bt or you want to use a phone with tuneecu, or an obd to usb adapter. For the usb adapter I'd recommend lonelec, I tried like 3 ftdi adapters from amazon that didn't work right before I sucked it up and waited the international shipping. USB will also let you flash the bike if you're into that.

As for the relay, its to the right of the battery box, and the nearest of the two in the relay housing. You could pull it and bench test or swap it with the other relay in the housing. That one controls the coils/pump/injectors so it should be obvious if its bad.

·
Registered
184 Posts
For reference, my stock 2012 848 EVO faithfully turns the fans on at 215F

1 - 16 of 16 Posts