Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my Monster trying to put it on the rear paddock stand by myself yesterday. Fell right onto the upright piano in the basement. So much for not getting help. No damage that I can see, but the piano got scraped up. Stupid move on my part. I know other people do this by themselves so I thought I’d try. I didn’t want to listen to my wife complain again. She acts like it’s a real chore to give me 5 minutes of help, though she always expects me to drop what I’m doing if she needs a hand.

·
Registered
167 Posts
With the SSS lifting it with the bar towards the bike is key. If you need to raise it with the bar away from the bike I always get help or do the front stand first. Or have it in the Baxley stand first before lifting.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have spools on the back , I thought that would be better than a rod through the axle. Didn’t make much difference, in fact, it probably contributed to the issue. It taught me a lesson without costing me anything, which is always nice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Like his Baxley front wheel chock I have a Dragway chock I got on Amazon. You won't have to worry about asking for help anymore. I push the bike into the chock then put in on the rear stand

Attachments

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I put the bike on the side stand with the garage work bench maybe 18" to the right.
Then I put a big cardboard box that nearly fills the gap between them so it can't fall to the right.
Side stand remains down so hopefully I can't drop it on that side either.
Ended up buying an extended handle for the Pit Bull SSSA stand, because could not seem to get enough leverage to get the bike up w/o.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strangely enough, I’d never seen one of those before. I think I’ll buy one for Christmas....for my wife ! ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree the front wheel chock is great. I have no kickstand on my track bike so moving it solo and getting on/off the rear stand is very scary. Not anymore I love it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Cycle Gear sells another version (Trackside brand). Works pretty well, and it's about $80 (always on sale).

Make sure the one you buy sits squarely on the ground at all four points--my first one did not, but the replacement does.

That said, the eBay one looks like it's worth a try--might pick one up, as I have more than one bike. Reasonable price, free shipping...

·
Registered
938 Posts
Cycle Gear sells another version (Trackside brand). Works pretty well, and it's about $80 (always on sale).

Make sure the one you buy sits squarely on the ground at all four points--my first one did not, but the replacement does.

That said, the eBay one looks like it's worth a try--might pick one up, as I have more than one bike. Reasonable price, free shipping...
The thing that makes the eBay linked stand almost as good as the Baxley is the rocker cradle is made in two pieces with interlocking fingers to make the cradle. This is the way the Baxley's are built. This design detail makes the stand much less prone to sliding when rolling a bike into or out of the chock because it makes it easier to get the wheel in/out of the chock. I've got a couple of chocks just like the Cycle Gear you referenced. It has a one piece cradle and the stand is more prone to sliding than the one I linked in my post.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello

Believe I'm just gonna buy a thrashed upright piano or two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts