Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all dont know were to post ,my bike has been running great for a month ,on my way to work I stoped got some gas ,talked to this pretty girl ,jumped back on my bike and ,my Ducati would not start ,I heard the "buzz" of the fuel pump,all the lights ,fuses all 10/4 even the smell of gas (I pushed it away from the pump area) bike turns over but wont start .

I never let it get past 1/4 empty ,just wanted some advice before I take my bike to a local shop and give them a months pay ....lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well obviously it's the pretty girl. There is a little known but absolute law involving the relationship between the hotness of the girl and the embarrassment caused by your bike. It has been speculated that it is a jealousy issue, proving conclusively that motorcycles are female.

Check the fuses first then coil wires, relays, connections and all fuel lines and vents. And for god's sake, keep your bike away from hot babes.

Good luck, it probably just wants some attention, you know how it is.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Check all the stupid stuff and anti-stupid devices if you haven't already:
Side stand switch (or was the stand down, in gear?), Kill switch, clutch switch.

If all above ok, check all battery connections and ground wires are tight and terminals clean.

Check battery voltage and charge if low.

If all the above checks out let us know and we can dig deeper.... :think:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I knew someone who did this to car once. Not pretty.
Really? What went wrong? I did this to my John Deere tractor once. Its motor is just a Kawasaki motorcycle engine, with fuel injection. It was no big deal at all.

Drained the tank of the diesel, refilled with gas, on/off with the key a dozen times to move the diesel out of the lines, and replace with gas. Started right up.

Now, I'm sure a dealer would have charged $700 for that, however...

·
Registered
552 Posts
My wife had a TDI she filled with gas once. Dealer told her $1000 to drain and clean everything.
I said "clean everything? Diesel mechanics clean parts with gas."
I drained the tank with a hose and a fish tank pump (cheap, threw it away once done). Changed the fuel filter and drained the lines, filled the filter housing and tank with diesel and run it.
I used the gas diesel mix as a parts de-ruster/cleaner and used it in the fire pit. Took 2 years, but I finally used up all 10 gallons. Car ran fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts