Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Great work Lascivus!

I hope you don't mind but I put up a shot of your build with a link to this thread on my Ducati Sport Classic tumblr.

I'm also working on building a Sport Classic Register, nothing commercial just trying to help bring Sport Classic owners together in person as well as online.

Best of luck as you sort through the final details, and hopefully there will be the opportunity to get the regions Sport Classic's together for a Black Spur run in the not too distant future...
Thanks AUS, big fan of your build too, and certainly don't mind you posting it. If I'm honest, the details may never really be over, I'm infatuated with the idea of constantly refining a single concept perpetually.

Would love to run the Spurs with a cadre of classics, both Reefton and Black link up very nicely for a run in either direction.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Very nicely done Las!

I second your comment about "constantly refining a single concept perpetually." When you take time to get to know what your bike really wants to be, great things happen :) Reminds me of Burt Munro's singleminded focus to make the world's fastest Indian.

Tmnstr

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
That is one BEAUTIFUL machine Bro! Fantastic work!
Thanks Erik!

Very nicely done Las!

I second your comment about "constantly refining a single concept perpetually." When you take time to get to know what your bike really wants to be, great things happen :) Reminds me of Burt Munro's singleminded focus to make the world's fastest Indian.

Tmnstr

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Cheers Tmnstr, Bella provided her share of inspiration :)

I can only hope to have such an amazing ride through life as Burt did, a kindred spirit.

Wow that swing arm is amazing. Is it from another model or was is custom built from scratch?
Hi Nola, the swing-arm is custom, but it took some serious work.

The S4R swing arm seems a bit more straight forward. A center mounted shock also demands the relocation of the shock linkage/rocker and exhaust header in very limited space.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
wow, amazing work, that is truly a killer SC.
Thanks Tris :)

I just discover this thread and i've an only word : WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

FANTASTIC job and the result is just amazing

Congrats dude, you're SC is one of my favorite i've ever seen :eek:
Cheers Briz, check out some of the other amazing builds on this site, I'm not even scratching the surface, yet...

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Wow. Unbelievable and amazing- seriously, everything about that bike rocks.

Even, that speedo on the light is just awesome.

Really well done.
Thanks Wav, appreciate it. When I look at it I see lots of work still to do ;)

Job well done! Would love to see and hear it in a video...
Absolutely Duc, will post something when I'm back in Australia.

Ducati should pay you for your design and produce this bike….Steller ride, so cool!!!
Too kind Spataro, I think some of the other builds on this forum are more deserving of Ducati's attention.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ducati should pay you for your design and produce this bike….Steller ride, so cool!!!
I agree bring back the SC I think it was just a bike befor its time :(

Love the build dude.

Im in the market for a >07 SC so hopefully I will join the fraternity too :)
That shorty exhaust really kicks ass.

·
Registered
377 Posts
do you still have this bike, or you sold it? I'm not sure but i recall awhile back on bikesales i swear i saw this bike, or maybe it was another bike that look similar for sale...? i live also in vic, i have never seen this bike or in the city, as i usually ride in the city area, heck i have never seen anyone ride a sport classic at all in Melbourne city, i think I'm the only one lol.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There are certainly a few around Melbourne... I turned up the following examples in the Australian Sport Classic Owners Survey that is still up and running!

3008 Docklands VIC Biposto
3016 Williamstown VIC Sport 1000S
3130 Blackburn VIC Biposto
3127 Surrey Hills VIC Monoposto
3166 Oakleigh VIC Monoposto

I'm sure there are more around! My '06 Sport Classic was originally purchased by a collector in Victoria, before heading to Perth and then to me in Sydney!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Ducati should pay you for your design and produce this bike?.Steller ride, so cool!!!
I agree bring back the SC I think it was just a bike befor its time

Love the build dude.

Im in the market for a >07 SC so hopefully I will join the fraternity too

That shorty exhaust really kicks ass.
Best of luck with the hunt, patience is the only approach I'd counsel. I feel like there are many well maintained examples around, people cherish these bikes from my experience.

Stunning! Makes me want to rethink my yellow '06 SC!
I'd do some things differently, but I'm content collaborating with other SC owners on their designs. If anyone has any questions or ideas I'd be more than happy to discuss, not to mention there are a number of particularly talented designers and builders here at DucMS.

do you still have this bike, or you sold it? I'm not sure but i recall awhile back on bikesales i swear i saw this bike, or maybe it was another bike that look similar for sale...? i live also in vic, i have never seen this bike or in the city, as i usually ride in the city area, heck i have never seen anyone ride a sport classic at all in Melbourne city, i think I'm the only one lol.
From my cold dead hands! I don't wish to ever part with this bike, I'll build and rebuild this as long as I'm able. Replace 'rifle' with 'bike' in the rifleman's creed and that pretty much covers it

61 - 80 of 95 Posts