Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 1100 Hypermotard.
I decided to replace the stock clutch slave cylinder with an aftermarket one - a Ducabike one (DUCABIKE BILLET/CF CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER: MOST DUCATI 30MM). The hyper was listed as compatible... now upon doing a dry fit, I'm not so sure.

My big "issue" is there's a space where the rod is exposed. This area is usually covered up by the housing on the OEM one and sealed with an o-ring so crud doesn't get in.

This new set-up has the potential to be really bad and there seems no way to seal this area.

There is nothing in the instructions addressing this.

The cylinder is close to the chain but doesn't actually touch. There's about a 3mm space between the chain and cylinder

I've dug around here on the forum and only found one post that has some Ducabke info but not specifically this issue.

Any additional info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Doesn't much matter now. I tried bleeding it and discovered it's leaking from the backside and sucking air in. Bullocks. What kind quality control is this? Now I get to see if "they'll" exchange it. I couldn't figure out why wasn't coming up after pumping and pumping. Then I noticed a little puddle of fluid under the bike that wasn't there.

Reinstalled the original one and took all of 10-15 minutes to tighten it all down bleed and the system.

So much for holiday cheer. FH.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts