Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I ordered a few week ago a Ducabike slave cylinder (AF02D to be precise) to install on my Ducati GT1000. This unit comes with one little steel ball inside the unit and 2 extra steel ball on the side. I followed the install instruction at the letter and this is the problems I am getting into:

1st: When you install the unit without the extra balls the clutch slave is not moving enough the clutch rode and it is causing the bike to stall after putting the bike in gear even with the clutch lever fully in….
2nd: When you install one extra little ball inside the unit it is doing the opposite. After putting the bike in gear and releasing the clutch lever, nothing happen… The bike stay in neutral….

So am I doing something wrong or could it be a defective unit.

Thanks guys...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
The problem is that a 30 mm slave cylinder is too large so there is incomplete disengagement causing clutch drag and stalling when shifted into gear (Case 1- one ball). Any air in the system makes it worse.

Case 2-two balls causes the plates to be held apart, so the clutch can't be engaged.

30 mm slaves are appropriate for use with Brembo 16 mm master cylinders but not with 12 mm Ducati master cylinders. 28 mm, 28.5 mm, or (marginally) 29 mm slaves are the largest sizes that are suitable for your use.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot Strega formation your answer... It is very helpful. Would be great if Ducabike could informed there customers about all this.... I think I'll switch back to stock slave for now.

Thanks again Strega

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts