Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I need some help with my Panigale 1199r. I’m not a mechanic but I have a bit of knowledge in mechanics, and manage construction. I replaced the clutch cover with Ducabike clear cover, also replaced with ducabike plate, and Ring. Everything is tight and sealed, as instructed on video I replaced the o ring with the stock one no need to change and everything seems fine, until I take off kickstand and the oil leaks into the clear cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a wet clutch, you will see oil through the window. is it leaking on your pipe?
No it’s not Leaking through the cover. At first when I had the Ducati carbon fiber trim on the stock cover and replaced with this one yes because bolts were not all same size. Once I replaced the bolts all to standard 1” I was able to seal it properly. But I did not know the oil was uploaded to show on the bottom of the window cover. Haven’t seen it show on any others in video ..

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
And you bought a panigale R...

:ROFLMAO: 👍
Don't you miss the good old Ducati days when the "R" stood for "racing?"

Now look what it stands for.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
You better take that cover off and put the stock one back on......................................................... there's just no telling what else you'll see

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Couldn't decide on one so you sent the bunch? ;)
I couldn’t figure out how to post a single gif. When I post the url for the one it opens the whole page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Hope the OP got a sense of humorous. It's fun razzin on the new guys.......... Hell, its fun razzin on you old bastages more............

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I guess the gist of what everyone else is trying to convey is.., you did a great job, oil in the window is normal, now go ride and enjoy your lovely Pani R.
Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions you might have. We are a very helpful lot, I promise.. ;)

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,371 Posts
I couldn’t figure out how to post a single gif. When I post the url for the one it opens the whole page.

Copy the link to the gif, then insert the gif using the insert image (by URL) icon below the new message box. BOOM! Done.

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts

I'll put together a quick video tutorial for you later tonight...

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Yeah but, if he used a different oil, he might not see it. (yep, I did it, I started ANOTHER oil thread)

Ive heard extra virgin olive oild imported by GENNCO is best. Extra viscosity AND invisiblity additives..........

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Man, I really should stop drinking Red Bull after 1 in the afternoon...........

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts