Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I need some help with my Panigale 1199r. I’m not a mechanic but I have a bit of knowledge in mechanics, and manage construction. I replaced the clutch cover with Ducabike clear cover, also replaced with ducabike plate, and Ring. Everything is tight and sealed, as instructed on video I replaced the o ring with the stock one no need to change and everything seems fine, until I take off kickstand and the oil leaks into the clear cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a wet clutch, you will see oil through the window. is it leaking on your pipe?
No it’s not Leaking through the cover. At first when I had the Ducati carbon fiber trim on the stock cover and replaced with this one yes because bolts were not all same size. Once I replaced the bolts all to standard 1” I was able to seal it properly. But I did not know the oil was uploaded to show on the bottom of the window cover. Haven’t seen it show on any others in video ..

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
And you bought a panigale R...

:ROFLMAO: 👍
Don't you miss the good old Ducati days when the "R" stood for "racing?"

Now look what it stands for.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
You better take that cover off and put the stock one back on......................................................... there's just no telling what else you'll see

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Hope the OP got a sense of humorous. It's fun razzin on the new guys.......... Hell, its fun razzin on you old bastages more............

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I guess the gist of what everyone else is trying to convey is.., you did a great job, oil in the window is normal, now go ride and enjoy your lovely Pani R.
Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions you might have. We are a very helpful lot, I promise.. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Yeah but, if he used a different oil, he might not see it. (yep, I did it, I started ANOTHER oil thread)

Ive heard extra virgin olive oild imported by GENNCO is best. Extra viscosity AND invisiblity additives..........

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Man, I really should stop drinking Red Bull after 1 in the afternoon...........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.