Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to travel up to Winchester VA on business yesterday and to my delight I saw a Ducati sign down the street. After my site visit I made it a point to stop by. I was greeted by Donnie Unger as I walked threw the door. To my surprise there was a showroom full of Ducati's including a new street fighter and a Desmo D16rr. I was treated to a personal tour of the shop, and all of there facilities, including the rear store room where he keeps his race bikes and customers machines. Donnie and his wife Julia were very gracious and helpful.
When Donnie asked if I wanted to hear the Desmosedici run I was in disbelief!
I walked away from their shop thinking how rare it was for a shop owner to take the time to show off there facility and be as courteous to a complete stranger. I look forward to starting my project and bringing my riding gear. Next trip I will take him up on his offer to test ride a few of the bikes! ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
yep

thats how ive been treated everytime ive been there....best kinda people.
i was really surprised that they treat me just as well considering im young and have a mohawk etc.(ive been to other dealerships who treat me like a kid window shopping)... and ive always received the BEST service at duc pond of all the dealerships ive been to. donnie is super cool as well as the rest of the staff. ive went there just to shoot the breeze and i always buying somethin even if its only somethin small. that service means alot when you work hard for your money and dont have alot to play with, i dont mind spending money there, i enjoy it:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great write-up, I couldn’t agree with you more, the Duc Pond staff is great and the personal touch Donnie provides is priceless. Donnie has been maintaining my bikes since circa 2003/2004 when his shop was no larger than a two car garage. It’s been impressive watching him grow from the small shop to one of the top dealers in the nation. Donnie has taught me a lot about Ducatis and racing...he even puts up with my off-hour race weekend calls for advice (LOL). There’s a reason why I drive about 1.5-hours each way from MD just to hang out at the shop.

Donnie and Julia have welcomed me into their home a couple of times over the holidays; they are great-great people, I can't say enough about their generosity. Donnie would take the shirt off his back and give it to you if needed and that same generosity has extended into his staff. Their sales, parts and service staff comprised of Al, Allen, Chad, Nathan, Jason, Jon and Josh are fabulous. You should see the support they offer at the track days they attend.

I used to hang out at the shop on Saturdays very often but housework this spring has taken over and prevented me from riding or driving out to hang out and drool over their project bikes, cool customer bikes, new bikes and new parts. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to stop by next weekend.

Donnie and his staff keep these ladies very happy...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good to hear. I was looking for a good service department since I just moved to MD. They are about 150 miles from home, but it sounds like a good excuse for a weekend ride. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts