Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Researched & could not find reference to the exact plug in for the cables used in the ducdiag program. Is it the plug under the seat or the one under the pillion?

Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
I found mine tucked near the subframe on the exhaust side of the seat. It's capped (if I recall correctly) so you can't miss it!

Sent from my...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did find it, but needed verification. I can't get the bike to talk to the computer yet. Was hoping I might be plugging it in the wrong port. Scheisse

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yea I had to play with it a little I figure out the process for my laptop to recognize the cable. Ample sure you have the correct driver for the cable.

Sent from my...

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
Make sure you run program with admin privileges. Once hooked up you can confirm the cable with the program. Some have had driver issues depending on the pc they used. If so you have to trouble shoot that before moving forward. i used a plain netbook running win7 home edition and everything installed without having to fiddle with the drivers. If it's the port assignment, you can look under your control panels and see what port the odb plug is using and toggle the software to that port number.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I get my ECU back from reprogramming, I'll play with it more. I have win7 as well, and use the device properties to find the port and put in the software. Followed the instructions to install drivers first, then cable.

·
Registered
198 Posts
word of caution, make sure your flash is 320kb before writing to it. Don't fuck your ecu up like I did.

It was a DP Race ECU, FML.

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
When I get my ECU back from reprogramming, I'll play with it more. I have win7 as well, and use the device properties to find the port and put in the software. Followed the instructions to install drivers first, then cable.
Did you install the latest drivers? Not the out of date ones from the CD or whatever came with the cable?

Virtual COM Port Drivers

Have a good one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
word of caution, make sure your flash is 320kb before writing to it. Don't fuck your ecu up like I did.

It was a DP Race ECU, FML.
Thanks, but nope. I am only adjusting the TP. I have a rexxer slipon map laoded already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts