Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kit might help any of you folks who do your own Moto maintenance.

Picked up this new product "Moto Chain-Mate" at the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach. Fantastic chain maintenance tool, works great, finally no overspray mess!

·
Smut peddler
1,148 Posts
No offense, but I accomplish the same thing with my crud brush and a chunk of cardboard. As an added bonus, all the chemicals on the cardboard make for a trippy lightshow in the fireplace after I'm good and drunk celebrating another fantastical bike cleaning session. Some would say all the chemical filled smoke isn't good for me. But my response would be I'm here for a good time, not for a long time.:smile2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No worries.
That's the reason I got this, to avoid all the old cardboard, newspaper set-up back splatter, etc.

Works great.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Unless your chain is really dirty, a cloth/microfibre towel and some degradeaser is just as easy and you throw away the cloth. Simple and clean.

The “apparatus” in the video and vinyl mat needs to be installed and requires some cleaning also after use. Instead of cleaning the chain in a simple way you now need to clean the tool also.

It’s like a food processor, you may be able to chop a vegetable faster than with a knife, but the knife is a simple tool that is quickly accessible and cleans easily and fast. The food processor and all the parts are a pain to clean.

Some people just like to make simple jobs complicated.

Like installing a scottoiler system on their bike instead of spraying some chain oil manually once and a while.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
The upside of this tool is that it's more environmentally friendly as it catches the cleaner for disposal.

Reactions: beemerboy

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
Wifey wonders where her tooth brush went and her old tee shirts....

Is there a Chrome version for the U.S.A. market?
They always want a glossy version of everything...
trinkets but get one if you like...

I'll start being Green when they do something about the belching smelly semi trucks that travel half way around the continent unloaded, or a 53' semi that had a pallet for a load.
Enjoy the day, rant over...:grin2:

Reactions: Maxmach

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its amazing the neglect chains on bikes get.

It always boggles my mind why folks don't maintain their drive chain correctly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts