Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've have been trying over the last several days to see red lights at lower levels (not so hard with the DTC at lvl:8) ,, I finally got it to kick in for several seconds (a long time when you are riding) in a curve,, it was kind of fun.

I had shifted into second after turning onto a sweeping left hander,, and the way I drive the lights normally bleep a bit shifting into second (at lvl: 4 or 5) ,, but this time they stayed on through a large portion of the curve.. :)

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
Very cool! And the thought is that if you are comfortable with sliding the rear to whatever extent, you should be able to find the right setting that will allow that, yet give you a safety net when you go beyond it or the pavement does not agree with your torque. I hope you are turning on the DDA. I've recorded some runs, and the high bean flash to reset to the next lap is neat when you look at your runs on the computer.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I am sure the traction control not only measures wheel spin but "creep" of the rear tire under acceleration. When under power, the rear tire will flex, which will result in a differential rotation rate between wheels. This will initiate the traction control even at very small front / rear differentials. So while the DTC lights are flickering, the first few flickers on the safest setting are probably not measuring wheel spin in the normal sense of the word.
Still sounds like fun to experiment with...

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
Maybe that is what happened when I rolled on from 45-70. DTC showed a meager 6% activation. I never felt it. Hey if it keeps things hooked up, all the better.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As chance would have it, I think I did have DDA hooked up and turned on. I haven't had the opportunity to hook it up to the computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts