Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the DTC work in both directions? That is, if you downshift too hard and the rear tire starts to slide, will the DTC kick in and function like a slipper clutch? As I understand it, under acceleration the DTC monitors front and rear wheel speeds and, depending on the setting (1 through 8), adjusts the engine to maintain a specified relationship between the two. I'm guessing that it only functions when the rear wheel speed is greater than the front but COULD it function to try to regain traction under deceleration? Would it be a good idea?

No Streetfighter yet but this thought occurred to me as I was trying to get to sleep last night.

George

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
no

they do sell a slipper clutch if you are interested though. :)

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Streetfighter project team leader Malagoli's words. "We do have an aftermarket slipper clutch available but the weight of the various components inside our engine complement each other in such a way that we don't need one as standard to avoid rear wheel chatter".

Technically the DTC is an EBS system as it cuts revs on wheel slip, it doesn't manipulate the wheels as such like a car's traction control does. It's a derivative of the engine braking the GP bikes use.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jez: Thanks for the insight. I hadn't seen EBS before but searched and found Engine Braking System.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
And i'll probably still put one on too but first i'll try the bike without one and see how it feels with aggressive down shifts. Unfortunantly i'm still in limbo as to when my bike turns up.:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts