Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Stebel horn on the Multi today. Had to disconnect the battery briefly. Once I reconnected it and went to turn on the bike it gives me the DTC Off warning. Tried going in the settings and turning it on but it won't let me. Did this happen to anyone else? Anyone know how to fix it?

·
Registered
602 Posts
DTC off after disconnecting the battery is normal. Not being able to turn DTC on is abnormal. Have you checked with the manual to assure that the proper procedure for re-engagement is being used? If so, perhaps trying disconnecting the battery and reconnecting may help.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You'll have to reset to miles and Fahrenheit also, after a battery disconnect. It's the oddest thing that it defaults that way. Hold turn signal and high beam buttons while powering up.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DTC off after disconnecting the battery is normal. Not being able to turn DTC on is abnormal. Have you checked with the manual to assure that the proper procedure for re-engagement is being used? If so, perhaps trying disconnecting the battery and reconnecting may help.
I knew it said somewhere that DTC would turn off so I went through the normal settings to turn it back on and it won't let me :( Tried disconnecting battery again and doing it but no go again. Might have to call Ducati tomorrow.

You'll have to reset to miles and Fahrenheit also, after a battery disconnect. It's the oddest thing that it defaults that way. Hold turn signal and high beam buttons while powering up.
Good thing you mentioned it. I didn't even notice it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
gem

how do you like the sound of the horn? Any possibility of sending a pic on where you placed it?

Dan
+1

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The sound is ok. I'm not a fan but it literally sounds like a baby train horn. Can't complain though since its a LOT LOUDER!

I mounted it where the gas catch can used to be. Used a very simple straight bracket from Home Depot that was long enough so that I could bolt the right side per picture below, and zip tie the other end per second picture from under. It's not pretty but I don't care about that stuff as long as its sturdy :D

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gem

I was hoping for maybe a full five to seven second blast from that thing.

So I could get the real in your face "you're pulling out in front of me" sound?

You seemed to enjoy it.

Dan
Lol, I thought about it but didn't want to piss off the neighbors too much. It's much louder than the video suggests.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
The sound is ok. I'm not a fan but it literally sounds like a baby train horn. Can't complain though since its a LOT LOUDER!

I mounted it where the gas catch can used to be. Used a very simple straight bracket from Home Depot that was long enough so that I could bolt the right side per picture below, and zip tie the other end per second picture from under. It's not pretty but I don't care about that stuff as long as its sturdy :D

I hate to piss on your parade but didn't you noticed that it's upside down?
2 drops of water and even moisture will be channeled inside of it like a funnel and the horn will stop working, just my opinion but I would flip it!
Good job otherwise! ;)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hate to piss on your parade but didn't you noticed that it's upside down?
2 drops of water and even moisture will be channeled inside of it like a funnel and the horn will stop working, just my opinion but I would flip it!
Good job otherwise! ;)
Yep actually did but had to do it that way to avoid modifying the power lines. The other reasoning was the likelihood of water splashing up instead of down since the radiator is blocking any access from the top. Then again I never ride it in the rain or wet so I don't foresee it becoming a problem. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
DTC Off

DTC off after disconnecting battery just turn off the engine and turn it back on and the traction control will reset, all good
if you look in the manual it will tell you to turn it off and on again, some safety thing supposedly.
I shat myself too when i disconnected my battery to put a trickle charger on I retraced wires thinking i must have done something wrong

Cheers Mutly

·
Registered
43 Posts
I knew it said somewhere that DTC would turn off so I went through the normal settings to turn it back on and it won't let me :( Tried disconnecting battery again and doing it but no go again. Might have to call Ducati tomorrow.

Good thing you mentioned it. I didn't even notice it.
Strange that i just replaced my battery on a 2011 (bought a Shorai) and had to reset the DTC as expected, but as far as i know (will double check on the ride home tonight) my temp and odo stayed on F and miles...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts