Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG, my 749 clutch makes a rattling sound, what's wrong with it??!

Just kidding. Kind of.

I took the clutch cover off my bike and rode around just to have some fun and because I thought it looked cool. One thing I noticed that the rattle of the dry clutch (when it's in neutral) was present even when i had it in gear sometimes. I was in second, tooling around, and under light load accelerating or decelerating, i heard the basket rattle a little bit. Is that normal? Are my plates not engaging properly?

It isn't there under heavy load.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
572 Posts
Completely normal. Without a lot of load, you'll hear a lot of "blang blang blang" from the clutch. If you accelerate, the noise disappears.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Yes its normal. Sounds like a load of bolts in the washer. Great innit ?

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
My open clutch rattles even when engaged. Quieter, but still rattles when disengaged.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i thought mine was loud until i rode with out a helmet the other day, holy hell!
i was sitting at a light recently and the guy bext to me in a car rolls his window down and waves his arms at me to get my atttention, and asks "is it sipposded to sound like that or is something wrong with it?" :yeah:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The louder mine got the more i realized that the indents in the basket had groovev banged into them by the tabs. Time for a slick new aluminum basket for me!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
i would say for the bulk of the general population that knows nothing about ducati's, get used to saying the following:

1. no, both of my headlights work just fine.

2. yes, it is supposed to sound like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts