Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I see some of you have got vented clutches on your Sports 1000.

I have a UK 2006 model, which has a dry clutch.

What exactly do i need in terms of bits to have an open clutch?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
The only thing you *need* is a vented clutch cover (or even no clutch cover). The other changes are cosmetic, but most people do them because they look soooooo good. You could paint (or powder coat?) the OEM pressure plate, but most buy an anodized one. Almost everyone also buys coloured or polished spring keepers (since they are highly visible), and most replace the bolts with stainless steel jobbies. Polished springs are also common.

So, it's all up to you, depending on the look you want and the money you have to burn.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Hi guys,

I see some of you have got vented clutches on your Sports 1000.

I have a UK 2006 model, which has a dry clutch.

What exactly do i need in terms of bits to have an open clutch?

Cheers
remove cover and done:rolleyes:
here it is with just a new cover.

Here is the pressure plate, cover and bolts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys,

is there anyway to confirm it is a dry clutch model, asides from seeing if oil pours out when i take the cover off ??

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
first off, if it's an '06, it's a dry clutch.
but if you're still unsure, the wet clutch bikes don't have a removeable cover :) the whole case is one solid piece, so you'd be hard pressed to remove it without a whole lotta work...

oh, and if you go open cover - consider strength as well as looks. some of the cheaper (die cast) covers or very open designs will allow $$$ damage if you lowside on the clutch. a good quality billet cover (speedymoto make some great ones) will do a decent job of protecting the clutch basket in case of mishap.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I use Cycle Cat 3 piece cover, EVR vented pressure plate, and Speedmoto spring caps - it turn out very nice!

Damn Bro! I tought my bike was clean! Yours looks great! Heck, even the oil looks great! Ton Up!:)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi YeloDuc; Question for you; In the clutch, what part is it that rings? I have a open clutch with all stock basket, preasure plate & springs. But at idle I don't get that cool sounding ringing, it sounds more rough like a bucket of bolts. So does a cnc machined preasure plate make it sound like most ducs with this mod? Some people just don't understand the dry clutch thing I'm tired of hearing "Is something wrong with your bike?" The stock set up does sound different than a modded clutch. So I ask what rings?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
pressure plate is cast aluminum - won't rust, but will corrode... the stock springs will rust. stainless spring and retainer kits are cheap and will stay looking fine.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
No, no this will give you a vented clutch:

·
Registered
364 Posts
[/QUOTE] Hi Guys; Question; In the clutch, what part is it that rings? I have a open clutch cover with all stock basket, stock preasure plate & springs. But at idle I don't get that cool sounding ringing, it sounds more rough like a bucket of bolts. So does a billet preasure plate make it sound like most ducs with this mod? Some people just don't understand the dry clutch thing I'm tired of hearing "Is something wrong with your bike?" The stock set up does sound different than a modded clutch. So I ask what rings?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts