Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
No offense at all...I'm a little outside the box, might as well have somebody call me on it... the work is not that hard it's trying to figure out what interchanges....if anyone else is following this thread, forget the MTS1000 oil seal...It does not fit!!!:mad: It requires an oil seal that is ID 8mm x OD 13mm....nearly impossible to find...but in about 2 weeks I'll be the proud owner of 40 custom made seals :eek::eek::eek: I guess I'll have a lifetime supply:D Everything else is assembled, (I solved the too short pushrod by making a rod spacer) and the clutch engages and disengages, but I can't start it until I get my new gold encrusted seals:think:
Hi Tiduc.
i am Erik Ruiterkamp from The Netherlands and i modify my Ducati Multistrada 1200 wet clutch to a dry clutch and i need the pushrod shaft seal in the end of the shaft after the bearing:eek:
question have you these custum made seal and is it posseble too buy it from you?
Gr Erik

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Wow, I’m pretty shocked that you couldn’t find seals in that size. Since the I.D of a seal is flexible, a seal with a close enough I.D can usually be found. There are also “ shaft repair seal kits” that contain a sleeve to adapt one size seal to a different O.D. shaft.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts