Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
I use lithium grease on my slippers.

What's your stack height?

I carry a few extra steel plates with me, and add one if it starts to slip.

Tom
My stack height is 36.6mm. So it should be good. You have a good idea though. I'm gonna pull a 1.5 mm steel disk and swap for a 2mm. Or even swap for 2, 2 mm plates....just to see if it solves the slipping. I suspect my problem is the grease got onto the disks. I can't find brake cleaner here either so I'm resorting to acetone to clean the disks. It's so much more complicated for me to find the corect grease ect. I'm sure there is some special grease shop which sales lithium grease:think: maybe even the brake clean....cause lord knows that would not be at the auto parts store in Italy :rolleyes:. Good thing I love it so much here, or these little things would drive me crazy :)

Nobody has any idea about that stupid little hole on the back side of the slave cylinder? It must have a purpose:think:

Thanks for the advice Tom!

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
I this you TiDuc? If not, good to see more progress being made on the dry clutch for our Multis. I'm no mechanic, but will be ready to buy a kit whenever they become reasonable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5w5HCp5As
That one is not mine. I saw another beautiful one this weekend in Monza. His was the kit from Bursi Racing. He said it took 2 tries to get it right so it did not wobble but it worked great and looked the business in the end?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
For lithium grease you can find it a nautical store ....
I work in NAUTICAL EQUIPMENT...
If you have problem to find it ask only to me without problem....

At pisa you can find it at : Nautica Sandroni VIA A. CECI, 3/5 Pisa

Let me know if you find it :):)

Ciao Rocco

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
HELP! QUESTION: for anyone who may know, “What the heck is the very small hole on the mounting face of slave cylinder for? (right next to where the pushrod enters).

I believe the hole you are referring to would be a weephole/telltale. Hydraulic fluid leaks from that hole when your slave cylinder starts to fail. At least it did on my 2007 1098.

Any updates on this project? It will be much easier for me to buy a MTS1200 knowing I can make it sound like a Ducati.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Is the timing problem you're referring to the 11 degrees? And what part of the exhaust cannot be removed or replaced?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Is the timing problem you're referring to the 11 degrees? And what part of the exhaust cannot be removed or replaced?
Indeed, that's probably the least changeable thing!

You'd probably get a "closer" sound by removing the cat and maintaining separate (dual) pipes all the way. I wonder if anyone's designed a replacement "full system" that runs dual pipes and mufflers... Where would they go? You'd probably have to forego your side bags!

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Indeed, that's probably the least changeable thing!

You'd probably get a "closer" sound by removing the cat and maintaining separate (dual) pipes all the way. I wonder if anyone's designed a replacement "full system" that runs dual pipes and mufflers... Where would they go? You'd probably have to forego your side bags!
Just apply lots of peer pressure to Amullo and maybe his self-control will crumble and he and TomTom will fit the 1198 cams :D Then we can all benifit from their efforts. ;)

As far as 2 completely separate pipe all the way back? I doubt anyone would do it, even on a superbike the pipes are always Y'ed (ok, never say never) together at some point to allow the cylinders to scavenge from the other exhaust pulse....blah blah blah.

wellvrsd: The dry clutch does work, I have about 600km testing on mine so far. But work is keeping me from finishing the write up I started and getting more testing done...in fact, I just swapped back to the wet clutch because I have a long trip next week to Croatia and Hungary with the bike. Since the trip is for work I cannot afford to have any delays due to a not totally proven conversion yet. My only concern is sealing the clutch pushrod on the primary end, it weeps oil at that point. I have several ideas, just not enough time to fix it. I think I might try the easiest solution and see if Bursi Racing will sale me the seal they are using. that seems pretty easy? :think:

Aside from this seal everything is simple parts swapping, my write up includes a list of exactly what parts are needed.

Or, Bursi Racing sells a full kit to convert to a dry clutch and I saw one in person 2 weeks ago out on the street, and that works perfectly. So there is a kit available, and everything considered it's not that expensive with everything included.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Update on clutch pushrod....Streetfighter clutch pushrod is much longer than the MTS...and on each end, so the seals stay centered. Dropped it in and works perfectly, without spacers. I also just put in a Obergon slave and a fresh Yokodyne clutch pack too. The clutch operates smoooooth, like butter.

I am also switching to the new pressure plate, which I think looks very cool....just need another bearing.

Hate Ipad...no matter how many times I edit, the pic is upside down....maybe it's on purpose so you can see the pushrods more clearly? Yeah that's it ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
986 Posts
Update on clutch pushrod....Streetfighter clutch pushrod is much longer than the MTS...and on each end, so the seals stay centered. Dropped it in and works perfectly, without spacers. I also just put in a Obergon slave and a fresh Yokodyne clutch pack too. The clutch operates smoooooth, like butter.

I am also switching to the new pressure plate, which I think looks very cool....just need another bearing.

Hate Ipad...no matter how many times I edit, the pic is upside down....maybe it's on purpose so you can see the pushrods more clearly? Yeah that's it ;)
FYI...used IPad

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
SmartAss;) Now help, would be if you had posted WTF I am doing wrong with that damn Ipad. :confused:

·
Registered
986 Posts
SmartAss;) Now help, would be if you had posted WTF I am doing wrong with that damn Ipad. :confused:
1. Saved your pic

2. Rotated 180

3. Uploaded to photobucket

4. Posted direct link using image code above

5. Typed instructions for jackass member:D

Now post a video on how the dry clutch sounds on there.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Ok, so the streetfighter pushrod is longer than an MTS and works great….EXCEPT it leaks oil due to the long relief machined into the rod…In the picture, TOP rod is a stock MTS pushrod See the relief that is @ 1” long? Look at the BOTTOM rod, the relief is nearly the full length which prevents the Clutch seal from sealing fully and you get a bike which likes to oil your right boot. :(

The answer, (I hope) is the CENTER pushrod which I made last night. It has the length of the streetfighter with the relief cut the same as the MTS. Then just for piece of mind, I added the pin to prevent the Pushrod from spinning in the seal. The rod I machined from Drill Rod I ordered, So it’s stupid hard. I miss the access to my lathe, but I made the pushrod on my drill press with some creative jigs.

So far everything works, but you never know with this damn clutch until you get some miles on it. The final project for the clutch is to vent the clutch case….once I get the new cams in and run, I need to change the oil and I’ll vent the clutch then.

Hey Rocketman, I'm so F...ing clever I took the picture so you can't tell if it's upside down or not :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Awe come on Lew, it's sooo easy :rolleyes:

I think I should just assemble it with Velcro. I have a lot of miles on it now, and hopefully this was the final piece of the puzzle. And I admit, I love we people come up and ask what in the world is wrong with my bike :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
You sir, are my hero.

"What happened to the dry clutch?"

Was the first question I had for my salesman when I bought my multistroodle.

I love how my 1098s sounds like it's breaking "right now" to people who've never heard a dry clutch before! :D

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
It rains on the street here too, and has dirty gritty crap thrown all over the bike. I have also been off road with it several times. It has no problems. I' m sure if you took it mud bogging you might wear the clutch out fast....but really, who is going to take a $20k bike into mud bog, dry clutch or not?

But I certainly can not give you any logical reason to do this, it' only because I think it's cool :cool:

81 - 100 of 103 Posts