Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Any possibility that the seals you're trying to make and Bursi uses could be an actual DP replacement part?
Bursi uses STM clutch I believe and no, they never answered me but it could also be due to Email filters I suppose.
The MTS does not have a seal, and the Superbikes/Streetfighters use a 14mm OD seal, (so the DP seal would be 14mm too)...My buddy at Ducati searched and the best he could come up for an interchange was the MTS1000, But that does not fit. The problem is the shafts are machined differently...The MTS needs a 13mm seal...The seal company and all the searches I have done show that's an extremely rare seal size, in fact I never found a reference to it being in use anywhere...but it can be made in a week. I also imagine you could machine a special nut that is machined to accept a seal, but you rapidly run out of room to space all this...So for me the custom seal seems the best choice verses machining my primary shaft to fit a standard seal. I am getting really tired of waiting for parts only to have nothing fit...At least the weather sucks now and it only takes 3-5 days for parts to arrive from Bolonga:D

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
YES YES YES!!!! It freakin works!!!!!:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:
It's raining too much to ride it now, but Got it together and it works. Dry STM slipper on a multistrada 1200! The seal company rocks! I placed the order last monday and today the custom made seal arrived in Italy! Still need to swap some bolts out and go for a ride, but no leaks and the clutch seems to work perfectly. Tuneboy also made my day, that arrive today too!

Ok, I can figure out how to make this conversion work but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to post the video from my Ipad with it running and jingling away. Much less impressive without the movie.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
YES YES YES!!!! It freakin works!!!!!:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:
It's raining too much to ride it now, but Got it together and it works. Dry STM slipper on a multistrada 1200! The seal company rocks! I placed the order last monday and today the custom made seal arrived in Italy! Still need to swap some bolts out and go for a ride, but no leaks and the clutch seems to work perfectly. Tuneboy also made my day, that arrive today too!

Ok, I can figure out how to make this conversion work but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to post the video from my Ipad with it running and jingling away. Much less impressive without the movie.
dun forget to post a video...would love to see and hear the conversion... :D

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
IMG_0169 - YouTube

Ok, my preteen daughters showed me how to post the video. :eek:. So here it is actually working without oil pouring out everywhere. I am working on the write up now, to show which parts are different.

BR Y...I would rotate, if I could figure that out...this Ipad just pisses me off, I'm going back to the garage!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
WOW thats kinda cool!

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
Very nice! True dedication to the tradition!

Throughout I've thought this quest has been something of an obsession, but I have to admit to a (modest) lurking desire to have had my first big Ducati make all the traditional noises and have the look. I don't know what has been gained functionally but I applaud the effort, have enjoyed following the progress and the video was fun.

I've had a good number of bikes with dry clutches including Guzzis and BMWs, but the character of the Ducati dry clutch is indeed unique. As a newly enthused owner I understand the quest and though I won't be engaging in it, I am glad you did, Ti!

·
Registered
4 Posts
TiDuc greatings for your work....
Very nice .
Hope that we can make togheter a ride with our Multi:D:D:D

I'm From Cecina ...near Pisa (half hour )

Grandissimo lavoro ottimo !!!!!

Nice to hear this music ....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrats TiDuc on getting your dry clutch assembly to function. I am still scratching my head as to why you did this, but I fully understand the accomplishment you must feel. Good luck with durability of this project.

Rick

·
Registered
472 Posts
That is freaking AWESOME!!!! Congrats!! :yeah:

Off topic:
Just went back to the beginning of the thread and noticed you went to Zagreb. What did you think of the city/county? Just curious to hear about your impression(s) since that's where I'm from...

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Ciao Rocco, Tutto bene qui.
Sorry it is taking me very long time to finish this. I have had family visiting Italy for the past 3 weeks. I make and tested new spacer for primary gear. I am still deciding exactly how long the clutch pushrod needs to be. Everything is working, but I have some clutch slippage. I think is due to using the wrong grease on the slipper balls, (I can’t find the correct grease yet and it flung off). Made a mess :crazy: As soon I correct this, I will try to send you the full information by the end of this week.

HELP! QUESTION: for anyone who may know, “What the heck is the very small hole on the mounting face of slave cylinder for? (right next to where the pushrod enters).

That is freaking AWESOME!!!! Congrats!! :yeah:

Off topic:
Just went back to the beginning of the thread and noticed you went to Zagreb. What did you think of the city/county? Just curious to hear about your impression(s) since that's where I'm from...

I love Croatia. I am fortunate that I have traveled there many times for work. The last few times with the Multi. Down to Zadar and Split, also spending some time on Krk Island and near Sisak too. Zagreb is one of my favporite cities in Europe, it's a big city that does not feel like it. Croatia is beautiful and I have always found the people to be wonderful. Even the police are very pleasant while giving tickets :crazy: ...BTW, you have to pay cash on the spot for those :eek: Do not ask how I know about that:rolleyes:. If anyone has a chance to vacation in Croatia I would highly reccommend it, I especially like inland from the coast as well, but many do not leave the beach towns...Not as cheap as it use to be, but still pretty affordable. Croatia :cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
:)

Great to hear that! Yea, things are a bit different in Croatia (like paying off the cops lol) and now that we're going to be in the EU, it's going to be even worse (price wise). Not sure if you're from ITA or how long you have been there, but I'll assume you know the struggles once the euro was introduced and replaced the old currency (lira).

Back to topic:
Keep us posted on your work! Looks and sound great!

61 - 80 of 103 Posts