Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t seem to find a thread on this. There’s a needle bearing inside of the input shaft. Could someone tell me how to remove/replace it without taking the engine apart?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I can’t seem to find a thread on this. There’s a needle bearing inside of the input shaft. Could someone tell me how to remove/replace it without taking the engine apart?
Thanks!
Sometimes you can pull them out from the clutch side with a pick, or wind a tap into it and pull it out, if you have access to a small blind bearing puller that would be best. Failing that you can tap it out using a long rod or similar, take the slave cylinder off, remove the pushrod and do it from that side.

More info on these posts:

https://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/360593-removing-clutch-pushrod-needle-bearing.html
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/76878-removing-output-shaft-needle-bearing.html#post735515

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the response. I so sucked at googling last night, and couldn't find the old posts, so thanks so much for all the information. Now I need to find a replacement!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Thank you all for the response. I so sucked at googling last night, and couldn't find the old posts, so thanks so much for all the information. Now I need to find a replacement!
Ducati part # for the bearing is 70250441A and it's probably advisable to replace the little seal in front of it part # 93040491A
Also, the two little o-rings on the pushrod are part # 88641731A (1.78x4.76 if you want to source them elsewhere but they should only be about US$1 each)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well - thanks for all the input. My local (local-ish, just 45 minutes away, and open till 7pm) Ducati dealer had the bearing, but they didn't have the small seal. I'm trying to source the seal right now. In a meantime, I pulled the old bearing out, and thanks to the information on the forum, my goodness, I was at least prepared for the nightmare. Bearing pins were falling off from the race, so I picked them out, and tried to punch it out from the other side, but I couldn't get to the lip of the bearing, so took other suggestion and used a tap, let it bite into the bearing case/race, and punched it out from the other side. "Medieval" was right, and fun it wasn't, but I got weird sadistic pleasure out of this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts