Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a long ride on my HM1100, wherein at some point the clutch seized on me. Upon investigation, I figured out that the big main nut that retains the drum to the basket had come loose, I could spin it with a finger.

As far as I know, the clutch is original and this nut has never been removed. I bought the bike with about 17k miles, and just ticked over 25k. There is an aftermarket pressure plate but otherwise everything in there looks stock.

Any ideas on how this could have happened? Anything I should look into that may have caused it that I should address before getting back on the road? My concern is if there is an underlying issue I'm missing that's just going to come back at an inopportune time.

Of course it is possible that the PO did in fact remove that nut and failed to torque it to spec, I just have no indication that they did that since it is not necessary for replacing the pressure plate.

For reference, this nut is specced at 190NM and no loctite.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
These bikes vibrate a lot, the clutch discs even more. I think my manual says to inspect yearly? I use only a drop of Loctite on mine, it's hard enough to get off anyway as I keep swapping in the slipper clutch for trackdays and then back again to stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts