Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a clutch cover from CNC racing, it's not looking the way I wanted it to... Took a 20 min ride and the glass is covered in clutch dust. Anyone got a tip so the dust wont stick to the lexan glass?

·
Sophomore Member
2,964 Posts
You’ve got a dry clutch, right? That cover is made for wet clutches. Nothing you can do to make a dry clutch not dusty. Put an open style cover on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer this one over different styles i've seen, thinkin I will modify this cover. Cut the lexan or something.

·
Registered
644 Posts
You might try putting a few washers or similar in between for spacers to open it just a bit. Might be enough to let the dust blow out. Probably not, though...

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
126 Posts
Or, maybe if you do two holes on “front” and two at the “back”...and will ventilated the inner cover?
One already suggested you a specers on bolts....

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Top picture = if one simply must have an open clutch cover, this type is one of my preferences.

Bottom picture = totally fixes the issue, and in my opinion is the best way to go.

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
126 Posts
But on your bottom picture....it doesn’t have a clear cover, so the clutch is not seen....! As I understand the topic starter, he prefer to bo seen.....!

Reactions: Beltyy

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
But on your bottom picture....it doesn’t have a clear cover, so the clutch is not seen....! As I understand the topic starter, he prefer to bo seen.....!
Yea, I .. kinda get that ... well, have fun fellers! :)

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Just wondering if the lithium grease trip on the plates reduces clutch dust enough to keep it off the clear cover? I use grease on my clutches but never really thought about it from a dust perspective, but I run open covers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be doing a few holes to see if it helps😊 thanks for the responses people💪🏻

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was thinking of getting one of those. Like seeing my clutch stuff, but the noise can get bit much. Now I think I'll wait and see how your adventure turns out.
Please post after you've had at her with your drill.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

This is how it looks like now, it's less dusty. But i'm going to add some more holes later..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it is not getting better, i am just going to remove the lexan plate for now. And just get a different cover I guess. Do not buy this piece of crap!

·
Registered
Diavel Carbon
126 Posts
Even with holes (front and rear) is no better?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts