Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well sad day folks. I went down today when my bike hit a slippery patch. :mad: I separated my shoulder. The bike has minor damage, ill need a new fairing, new shift lever, mirror and rubber grip. my pride is a little hurt but my gear prevented it from being worse, any recommendations for places for parts?

·
27,525 Posts
Ouch! I separated my right shoulder 13 years ago and it still occasionally pops out. You get used to it and it dosen't necessarily drop me to my knees anymore.

·
Temporary greeter
23,095 Posts
Sorry to hear. Get well soon.

I saw a bunch of bikes out today with he warmer weather. I cringe knowing how bad the grip is with the cold road and anti icing stuff on it. Crashing is easy to do.

·
Official Retired Person
7,553 Posts
Everyone that's ever had an arm injury is cringing just looking at that X-ray! Makes my arm hurt again! Good to hear you're not worse off and that the bike can/will be repaired.

·
Premium Member
12,450 Posts
Was sort of a nice day yesterday in Michigan for a spin..
Bike parts right, not shoulder parts???

You got a while to heal up before weather permits rides again.

Heal fast and well...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the positive words, and yes bike parts :D Any recommendations on places to get them? Ill be going to an ortho tomorrow to see if I need surgery. And yes i hit a slick patch of something. I was only going 20-30 mph luckily and had full gear on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do you guys think i will be banned for creating a WTB thread for these parts? or should I just post more to be safe?

·
27,525 Posts
Post more...but be cool about it. You could welcome some new folks to the forum...see if there are any tech questions in any section you could answer.

Thanks for asking! :D I'm one of the guys who messes with people who mindlessly "post-spam" the forum just to get their post count up.

·
Temporary greeter
23,095 Posts
do you guys think i will be banned for creating a WTB thread for these parts? or should I just post more to be safe?
Post more...but be cool about it. You could welcome some new folks to the forum...see if there are any tech questions in any section you could answer.

Thanks for asking! :D I'm one of the guys who messes with people who mindlessly "post-spam" the forum just to get their post count up.
What he said. Welcoming people in the Welcome and Introduction forum will get you a lot further than trying to bulldoze your way to the classifieds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, Ive decided ill keep this thread updated with info on the bikes repair and on my healing hahahah :D

So first update: I have an appointment on Friday the 18th of January, with a cardiac surgeon here in Mt. Pleasant. Since I am in the army I am guessing I will need to get the surgery but ill make the call after talking to the Doc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: I emailed a couple of Ducati dealerships and the parts are quite expensive. Therefore I have been looking at other places. I put a bid on a 1098 fairing. If I win it ill just have to replace the 1098 sticker with a 848 sticker. I also have found a grip from a member on here! Ill snag some pics of the damage when I get a chance.:(

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
What he said. Welcoming people in the Welcome and Introduction forum will get you a lot further than trying to bulldoze your way to the classifieds.
Bulldoze... lol.

To the OP: I have used ducati omaha and ducati seattle, even though I have a dealer in my city, I can get the parts cheaper shipped right to my door from other dealers...

Also eBay is your friend, not so much if you are trying to sell parts...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts