Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after laying my SC down a year or so ago, my wife really got on me to get rid of the bike. I sold everything including my riding gear...even threw away my 400 dollar Dainese boots...I purchased a classic 930 (911 Turbo) to replace my dear sport classic...it was everything that I wanted, 22k original miles, showroom condition, a real screamer if you will...but, I must say...Porsche is not a substitute. After abandoning the 930 in my garage, I went looking for other thrills...M3's, S4's, Caymans, 993s, etc...and I am honestly in need of another Duc...I am building a house so I can't take the chance to get hurt while I finish the project but come winter...there has to be a god, with a DUC!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
hey george,

i knew you'd be back soon enough :)
looking forward to what you come up with. till then know that i'm taking good care of your baby - just put in a pcIII and had a dual-map done with injectors balanced. looking forward to picking it up in two days!

it's a great time to buy a duc right now, as there are lots on the market for good prices...

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Porsche is not a substitute.
I've had several Porsches. I've got a Cayman now and while it is a fun car, it is a car. I just don't enjoy cars as much as I enjoy my motorcycles. So get back on a bike! :D

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I've had several Porsches. I've got a Cayman now and while it is a fun car, it is a car. I just don't enjoy cars as much as I enjoy my motorcycles. So get back on a bike! :D

Yep. A Porsche is a lot more fun than most cars, but even a REALLY fun car isn't as fun to me as a very ordinary motorcycle - and a Ducati is far more fun than a mere "ordinary motorcycle."

·
Registered
985 Posts
What, you're NEVER GOING TO RIDE AGAIN???

Remember all of the appropriate homilies:

You only live once.

You can't take it with you.

He who dies with the most toys, wins.

F**k the new house. Get the bike. Live.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, that took a long time...just picked up a blast from the past next to new condition S2R 800...lots of less horses but I like it now that I mostly ride in the city.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts