Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped my stock grips for my driven D3 grips that I took off of my old ninja. The monster throttle tube is longer than the driven grips, and the inner ring of the throttle tube protrudes above and beyond the Driven Grip. The Picture clearly shows the discrepancy. The left hand side has dead space between the grip and the controls if the grip is flush with the bar end.
Has anyone run these grips and found a solution for these shortcomings (no pun intended). I don't know if I can live with these imperfections... :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put the stock grips back on
Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?? I could've saved us both a lot of time and typing! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution? Te left controls can't be moved closer to fill the gap because of the pin and hole. Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution? Te left controls can't be moved closer to fill the gap because of the pin and hole
I think the solution for us is "live with it". The rizoma grips replace the throttle tube and eliminate the right hand side exposure. And I'm not upgrading to those anytime soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts